Reload this Page >

Fresh fruit markets in London

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 09:38 AM
Mia

I'm sure there is plenty available in London grocery stores, but I'm planning a few outdoor market days when I visit in May, and I always love buying fruit, veggies, and cheese at any farmer's market. Any recommendations?

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 10:11 AM
lisa

hiya mia.... <BR>there are stands all over really... but the ones that stand out in my mind the most are on portabello road...beautiful produce,breads and cheeses...yummy!!!! <BR>enjoy your trip to london!

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 11:27 AM
Pierrette

Hi Mia <BR>Camden market has great fresh fruit and vegetables. The flea market is only Saturday and Sunday but the produce market is open every day.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 02:02 AM
peter

Best farmer's market in London: Borough market on Saturday AM. Right next to Southwark cathedral. Tube: London Bridge. Very atmospheric part of London, close to Tate Modern, Hay's Galleria, Globe. Wonderful organic produce, fish, meat, chocolate, breads, everything.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 02:57 AM
sylvia

I'd say Borough too and if you want flowers, you'd love the Columbia Road flower market on Sunday morning. It's a real cockney market and doesn't seem to attract many tourists.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 08:59 AM
Mia

Thank you for the great suggestions. I had already planned to visit both Camden and Portabello Road, but I will now definitely add the Borough market (thanks Peter for the detailed directions) and the flower market (thanks Sylvia, now i know what I can get for my B&B hosts).