Reload this Page >

French Language Tapes???????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Rebecca

We are going to be going to France next year and my husband would really like to learn French. I would like to get him a language tape that he could listen to in the car, but am not sure which one to get. Has anyone bought one that they really like? Could you give me a title? Some ramble on with sentences, but I think just hearing one word at time would be easier. <BR><BR>Thanks for any suggestions. <BR><BR>Rebecca

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Sue

I speak French (more or less!)so haven't used French tapes in trip planning, but did use Pimsleur (sp?) tapes before our trip to Italy last year. I thought they were helpful and got me somewhat acquainted with the sound of words, etc., and words I needed to use for travel. I thought it was worthwhile and was glad that I had spent the morning and evening commute listening. Assume they have French ones; anyone?

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 03:25 PM
john

<BR>For serious students try Sybervision or Rosetta Stone.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 03:32 PM
pam

Do a search here as there is alot of information regarding this topic. I am using the Pimsleur "Quick and Simple" French which is only a very basic program. The program you pick depends on whether you want an "in-depth" study or just common words and phrases. There are other Pimsleur courses which are more "in-depth" and I've also heard that the Sybervision (cybervision ?)program was outstanding.<BR>Hope this helps

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Rebecca

Pam,<BR><BR>Where did you get your tapes? <BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Rebecca

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Sue

I just finished Pimsleur "Quick and Simple" French. Loved the teaching style but the phrases are limited. I've learned how to say (among other things):<BR>I am an American.<BR>Would you like some beer?<BR>I want to drink some beer.<BR>Would you like to drink some beer at my place?<BR><BR>Makes me wonder what the authors think of Americans. ;-) I do like the teaching style enough to buy the full set.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 06:37 PM
TipTop

TTT!!!