Reload this Page >

French Alps in March

Search

French Alps in March

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 1997, 12:57 PM
Cindy

French Alps in March

We are planning a 2 week trip to France late March/early April. We would like to spend 2 days in the alps. From what I have read, Chamoinix is supposed to be great. The gondola ride past Mont Blanc is supposed to be one of the top things to do in Europe. Does anyone know if this is feasible in March? Is it still ski season? Will it be difficult to find a room?
Or, any other suggestions about places to go in the alps?

Thanks so much and Happy Trails!
Cindy

Old Dec 20th, 1997, 05:29 PM
Nicole

Cindy,
I haven't been to Chamoinix, but my father has a couple of times and he's enjoyed it. I'm sure it would be a great choice. We both have been to Zermatt, Switzerland, a few times each and love it, if you think you may want to cross over the border -- I don't think Zermatt is very far from Chamoinix. Also, if you're staying in France only, I also suggest Annecy. I know that it is very close to Chamoinix and it's a beautiful town -- it's kind of at the edge of the Alps on Lake Annecy. This summer I visited both Zermatt and Annecy, among other towns, and put together a travelogue with pictures and information if you are interested -- the URL is http://www.lunadesigns.com/travels/

Have a great time!