Free Day in Budapest

Search

Free Day in Budapest

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Free Day in Budapest

I will be in Budapest for two days in July; one day is part of a guided tour, and the second day I will have free. I've been to Budapest once, briefly, and I want to take advantage of sites I have not seen before on the free day. Here's what I think I want to do. Can I do this in one day? Holocaust Memorial Center, Museum of Fine Arts, Terror Museum and Shoes Along the Danube memorial?
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:21 PM

I'm pretty sure you can get that all in, in one day. You'll have a great time I'm sure. I'll be there from May 22 until July 5th. I could never do 2 weeks let alone 2 days. I go to Hungary every year and I have not put a dent into seeing it all. I love Hungary so much. Have a great time there. Alizka
Old May 8th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Syl

Note that the Dohani Synagogue tour of the Holocaust Memorial is closed on Saturdays. As well, I suggest you take the subway from one area to the other due to distances.
Old May 8th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses. I will be visiting the sites on a Wednesday. I'm a little confused, though, and wonder if we are referring to the same Holocaust Memorial. The Budapest Holocaust Memorial Center that opened in 2004 is the one I want to visit, and it is located in the renovated Pava St. Synagogue. Isn't the Dohany St. Synagogue and related memorial different? I can't, however, locate Pava St. on my Lonely Planet guidebook map. Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Old May 9th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

ttt