Frankfurt Airport Info

Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:46 PM
Original Poster
Frankfurt Airport Info

We are landing in Terminal 1 and the couple we are meeting land in Terminal 2. We plan to walk from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 to meet them. Is this possible? Can you suggest a place to meet the other couple in Terminal 2 that can not be mixed up by either couple? If possible I would like to pick a place close to the arrival pick=up area as we may go to get the car before we pick them up. Thanks.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:15 PM
why dont you meet at the rental car desk?
make sure it is only in one terminal and not both, that way, you can get the car papers figured out and get that settled.

or.. i do know that there is a sheraton hotel connected to the terminal across a pedestrian bridge...
(but with a lot of luggage would be cumbersome to deal with that.)
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Just returned through Frankfort. You take a skyrail from each terminal. Terminal 2 isn't that big, but there seems to be many levels between the checkins and departures, so I don't know about the arrivals. The food court is on the top level and not very large so it should be easy to spot one another there.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:40 PM
Original Poster
We are not renting a car from the airport but will have a driver pick us up from an outside source.
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:47 PM
Check out the Frankfurt terminal maps at:
Oct 3rd, 2004, 07:24 AM
You will need to take the tram car from T1 to T2. Easy to find. Lots of signs. Takes 5 minutes.
Depending upon the time differential between your arrival and the arrival of your friends, you could have a few choices.
1) Food Court at the bottom of the small escalator on the departure level to T1. There is also seating outside of the restaurant.
2)In T1 near the escalator that go up to the sky bridge walkway to the Sheraton Hotel is always an easy place to find. It is located in the ticketing area of the main floor.
3)Arrive to T1 enter ticketing area and take the stairs down one level to the arrival gates. Depending upon how long you need to wait you could actually, meet your friends as they exit the sliding doors from Customs and enter the arrival Terminal.
4)I think there is actually a sign that designates a specific "Meeting Point". However, I can not recall where it is located specifically.

Search this Thread