Best food/sightseeing tours in London and Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you please recommend your favorite food and sightseeing tours in London and Paris? It will be my first time end of May. I prefer smaller groups. Thanks.
Old Mar 28th, 2016, 11:49 AM

I've done numerous walking tours with London Walks and Paris Walks (they're owned by the same company). They've all been very well done, the price point is reasonable, and the size of the groups is very manageable.

www.walks.com
www.paris-walks.com
Old Mar 28th, 2016, 01:43 PM

I think the Thames tourists boats are a good way to get an overview of things as well as riding the London Eye Ferris Wheel from which you can see miles around with info in your cabin on what you are seeing. London Walks gets always good reviews.
Old Mar 28th, 2016, 01:45 PM

In 2011, I took one by Context Travel done by Meg Zimbeck, an American blogger currently living in Paris. She now does the tours for Paris by Mouth. She is a wealth of knowledge, and if I was to do a similar tour again, I would go back with that company.

This past September, I wanted to do a tour in a different part of Paris, so chose Paris Treats, which was in the 17th. Michelle who does the tours is an American married and living in this arrondissement, so she brought us to the places she shops at.
Old Mar 28th, 2016, 03:48 PM

Paris by Mouth dies wonderful food tours based in several a Paris neighborhoods. We had a great experience, learned a ton and enjoyed all the cheese, bread, wine, cream puffs, chocolate, pates and charcuterie. It was more than just a nibble of everything. Would do it again and they have added some workshops, as well. I know they have tours in the Marais, St Germain, and Latin Quarter. There may be others. We did the St Germain tour about a year ago and plan to schedule something when we return to Paris in December. We had about 8 people in our group.
Old Mar 28th, 2016, 03:54 PM

A second vote for Paris by Mouth. We did the Marais tour with friends a year ago, and would do another neighborhood with them in a heartbeat.