Reload this Page >

foreign currency

Search

foreign currency

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 10:14 AM
sondra

foreign currency

Does anybody know where I can buy foreign currency online? Need someone I can trust. Going to Germany in a few weeks and would like to have alittle of there money in my pocket before I go, is this a good idea? Help.........

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 11:13 AM
Art

Hi Sondra, if you'll do a search on foreign currency or exchange, you'll find several threads that should answer you. I remember that some people use amex and I believe that it is sent to your home. I wouldn't worry to much as there are ATM's in almost all airports including the one in Frankfurt where you can exchange money. You'll most likely get a better rate that way. <BR>Regards <BR>Art <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 12:22 PM
bbb

You can get foreign currency from an AMEX travel office--in just about any major city in the world . Or you can us your ATM machine in Europe. Personally I would take a few $$ in AMEX traveller's checks as in a worse case scenerio,your hotel would convert this money for you on the spot. But AMEX does sell currency of certain countries and AAA sels what they call tip kits for your immediate needs such as cab etc.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 12:36 PM
John

sondra: <BR>I have used several on-line foreign currency services and found Chase to be the best for me. They're at www.chase.com. <BR>John <BR>

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 04:42 PM

top <BR>

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 12:22 AM
Sjoerd

www.oanda.com

Old May 6th, 2001, 09:09 PM
chris

I've become totally addicted to ATM machines... love the fact that I put in my US ATM card and foreign currency pops out of the machine! Cool. <BR> <BR>The majority of places I've been there has been a currency exchange in the airport (course I did have a problem in Costa Rica when my flight arrived late sunday night - the bank wasn't open! oops) <BR> <BR>Also, with traveler's checks, in the Frankfurt airport, you buy something - you get German currency back. They calculate the exchange rate and give you change. (Most airports have shops like that - I just liked the ones in Frankfurt the best) <BR> <BR>Oh, and my bank (full service bank, not credit union, etc) will purchase foreign currency for me if I ask... did you ask your bank? They might. <BR> <BR>Good luck!!