For the Sake of Packing Light....

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 04:07 PM
nancy

For the Sake of Packing Light....

Will we have trouble at customs in Italy ,if we carry our vitamins all jumbled together in a baggie, or all in one bottle? <BR>I know that if one is bringing in prescription meds ,one is adviced to keep it in an original bottle with a label. <BR>What about assorted multi-vits/vit c., etc ? <BR>Thanks, <BR>Nancy <BR>

Old Oct 29th, 2000, 07:21 PM
betsy

Nancy <BR> <BR>Have travelled to Europe several times. Not one customs inspector ever seemed to give a rat's patoot about any meds (prescription or nonprescription) I happened to be carrying. In fact, I don't think I've ever even had to open my bag going or coming on a trip to Europe. IMHO you may, with wild abandon, mix up those vitamins in a baggie or bottle. <BR> <BR>Buon viaggio

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 03:28 AM
nancy

Betsy, <BR>It is with peace of mind ( and wild abandon)that I will now be able to pack our vits. <BR>Thank you very much. <BR>nancy

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 03:08 PM
nancy

anyone else have input/advice? <BR>nancy

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 03:42 PM
SharonM

Personally, since I seem to fit some sort of profile, and ALWAYS get pulled over in customs for the "random" checks...I would put all prescription meds (with labels and copy of prescription) along with my vitamins, aspirin, etc. That way I wouldn't have to answer so many inane questions...lol <BR>Putting "likes" together also helps me feel more organized when I pack and unpack alot...

Old Oct 30th, 2000, 03:53 PM
Thyra

Well in the interest of space I always count out how many one a day's we will need, plus some aspirin, sudafed and some other over the counter type cold stuff in one pill container. I never had any problems except once, when the customs man in the UK opened my pill box, and took each of the pills out and sniffed them. Apparently he was satisfied because he just put them back and handed me my bag back. As for prescriptions, I always keep them labeled and bring a photocopy of the written prescription.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 05:25 PM
Rx

If you're taking Rx with you, why not ask your health care provider for samples. They usually come in blister-packs, labeled, and take up little space in your personal carryon. Even bottled, they are labeled properly, and you shouldn't have any problems going through customs. <BR> <BR>Always asked your providers for samples! That's what they are there for! <BR> <BR>Rx

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 03:06 AM
nancy

Thanks for continued input. <BR>nancy

Old Nov 1st, 2000, 11:30 AM
sally

Just visited Italy. The customs agents were waving everyone thru with hardly a glance at us or our passports, much less any type of inspection of any luggage or carryons were had with us. I did carry all my over the counter meds in their respective containers, tho.