Football in Firenze?

Search

Football in Firenze?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2024, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Football in Firenze?

My husband and I will be in Florence in May and would love to get tickets IN ADVANCE for the Fiorentina match on 5/19 as I’m afraid it will be sold out by the time we arrive. The website doesn’t seem to offer a purchase option: for every match there’s a banner that says ‘notify me when tickets are available,’ and I’ve done that a couple of times with no response; I suppose it’s possible that all tickets for all matches are already gone but, if anyone has any leads, I’d love to hear from you. And I asked my rental host but he wasn’t very helpful . . . Thanks!
Old Mar 16th, 2024, 08:28 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I've not been to a football match in Italy but have in the UK (several) and Germany (once). Very often when visiting from overseas the only way to get tix is to buy an expensive 'hospitality package'. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of Fiorentina AFC will see your question . . .
Old Mar 16th, 2024, 09:28 AM

The date of the match against Napoli is still to be confirmed, as is kick ff time. All down to TV I am afraid.
Final match of the season it could be popular!
Old Mar 18th, 2024, 11:13 PM

I see that the average attendance for current season is 70% of the stadium capacity, suggesting that no all games are sold out.
I also see that forthcoming games are against big names Milan, Inter... plus uncertainty because their CEO is in hospital with one game already postponed. Both could explain the message you have on the website.

I don't know Fiorentina's policy to release tickets for sale. For the club I visit in France, there is phase 1 for season tickets holders who would want to buy extra tickets, then phase 2 (if any tickets left) for fans who already attended a game and finally a phase 3 for the general public. This explains why availability changes over the time.
I guess that Napoli on the last day should attract a big crowd, with maybe a place in Europe at stakes.
I don't know to what extent you want to watch Fiorentina but there are several other teams nearby like Bologna, Pisa, Empoli... A few years ago, there were also Sienna and Livorno but I think they went bankrupt.

Final note: I suppose you are aware that attending football, in several countries, is increasingly far from a friendly family oriented experience... I must say I have no idea how it is in Florence.

Last edited by rouelan; Mar 18th, 2024 at 11:35 PM.
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 11:12 AM

The 18th? or the 19th? Stubhub has tickets to the game on the 18th available now.
Old Mar 22nd, 2024, 05:18 PM
Original Poster

The ticket website has been showing the Napoli match for Sunday for months — and still does today. Interesting that Stubhub shows it for Saturday. Guess I’ll wait ‘til we get there and see if there are tickets available anywhere since we already have plans for Saturday. . .