Search

Foggia Day Trip

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foggia Day Trip

Hi will be spending a day in Foggia on a Saturday in June. Would like to visit the centro storico and a local market. Any suggestions pls how to spend the day? Thanks
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:37 AM

I suppose you have your reasons for just chosing Foggia which is by far not the most interesting place in the area. So just visit the places you are interested in. We don't know your interests.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 04:08 AM

Having been to Foggia once, I honestly can't recommend anything in the city other than what you mentioned. If you have a car, you can take a ride up the coast and stop in some of the quaint coastal towns, like Mont Sant'Angelo or Vieste.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 04:27 AM

Also question the selection of Foggia. My maternal grandparents emigrated from there to the US around 1900, so I've looked into visiting on a number of occasions. But everything I ever read or learned about it dampened any enthusiasm to go there, so I've never made it. It's usually described as a kind of ho hum city of 150,000 that has a couple of mildly interesting sites, with most of the old town having been bombed to smithereens during World War II, leaving a largely workaday modern city, with it's best feature possibly being good rail connections to go elsewhere in the region.

If you do go, I would be interested to learn if you discovered anything compelling.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

Ok so here is my reasoning for a day in foggia. I will be taking my mum to San Giovani ROtondo for 3 days using public transport and thought of spending a day somewhere else other than spending the 3 days in San giovani Rotondo. Therefore using public transport I thought its the best solution, unless always using public transportation I can go somewhere else. Thank you all for the responses and pls more feedback would be greatly appreciated.