Reload this Page >

Fodors - what am I doing wrong???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:38 AM
Marcie

I have posted several messages that would seem easy to respond to but no one ever does. Also, I'll see my question up there but then the next day, or sometimes within the hour, it's gone.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:45 AM
cindy

A replys come in, your message gets bumped down until it has a response. Maybe you need to add more pazzaz in your question?

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:01 PM
Raspberry

Pthbthtbthhtbthbhtbhtbhhttt.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:06 PM
Paulo

You may use the search function to retrieve your message(s). Then you may post a reply of your own ... sending it to the top. When you post a message, it also helps noting down the time it was posted. This way it would be easier to find it just scrolling down the left frame. <BR>Paulo

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:06 PM
s.fowler

You can also bring your own thread to the top -- just be polite. <BR> <BR>Writing posts is an art form, but I'm not happy with the notion that posts must have pizzaz to get answered -- some common problems are the post is too general, or too specific -- a title that is clear about what you are asking is helpful. And sometimes you run into "topic fatiguq" when we've just fibished asking the same topic. <BR> <BR>BTW does anyone notice that we are back to the old, unimproved format here?

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:50 PM
Rex

Yes, just commented on the same thing - - on a different post - - back to the old clumsier URL's for threads. <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:52 PM
Sheila

I subscribe generally to Sally Fowler's view. I have tried to search to find some of your questions but nothing's coming up. If you tell us, or give us exmples of what you're asking we'll try to give you more specific guidance. <BR> <BR>One thing that has come up a few times recently is that people think the question they've asked has a country flag when it appears. It doesn't which can make some questions really hard to answer

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 01:09 PM
helping

Marcie will be travelling from Paris to Sicily by train and wonders if she should take a night break somewhere. After staying for a week, she's looking for suggestions on where to go for 2 weeks before heading to Croatia. Travelling alone, on a budget, and doesn't speak any language other than English. It's not clear why she wants to go all the way from Paris to Palermo i one shot, having two weeks completely free to take it easy. <BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 02:34 PM
Marcie

Ah, the "top" person again. I'm going to Sicily for a story about a family who lives there- I'm a writer. They have asked me to come the second week so I need to work around their schedule. After that, I just thought, since I'll be over there and don't have to rush back..... <BR>By the way, why don't you have a name posted? Hiding from us?

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 02:42 PM
Another unnamed

There are dozens of us unnamed "toppers". <BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 04:58 PM
Rosenatti

I sometimes top, too, when I see a poor little thread begging for a response. Things get buried so quickly here because of the heavy traffic.

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 04:44 PM
elvira

I answered your query, and at least one other person did also (quite long posts, too). Use the search query (don't pick a country, just text) for reggio di calabria naples Questions do get pushed down quickly, so either note the time you post or put an usual word in the text that you can use to search.

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 08:43 PM
stopit

why don't you groupies on this forum, stop trying to dominate it-hello!fodors monitors.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 05:25 AM
elvira

I'm not sure what you're gripe is, stopit. <BR> <BR>If the "groupies" are dominating the board, why don't *you* answer Marcie's question and use your legitimate email address?