Reload this Page >

Fodors Get together in MSP...?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2001, 04:17 AM
Wondering

Hello, <BR>It is great to read about the other get togethers in Chicago, DC, etc. Anyone live near Minneapolis/St. Paul that would be interested in sharing photos and tall tales? <BR>We have another Fodorite in SW Minnesota that could host an event as well. <BR>Love to hear from you!

Old May 4th, 2001, 03:40 AM
topping

NO ONE???

Old May 4th, 2001, 05:32 AM
Bobbi

Alright, Let's do it! We're in Minneapolis and would love to share travel tales with like minded Minnesotans. Anyone else out there?

Old May 4th, 2001, 05:51 AM
Gloria

Count us in! Sounds like fun. <BR>A restaurant for dinner? <BR>Any others? Jim? <BR>Gloria

Old May 4th, 2001, 10:15 AM
Wondering

Okay, we have a few people...anyone else out there? <BR>Let's see on the restaurant...Italian ok? <BR>I'm open!

Old May 4th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Capo

I used to live there...so consider me with you in spirit :~) (I'm originally from St. Paul, but have lived in Seattle for the past 22 years.)

Old May 4th, 2001, 12:18 PM
fleur

I'll send my sisters. After we spend a week in Paris together this June I'm sure they will have many fine stories!!

Old May 4th, 2001, 12:20 PM
Julie

This could be fun. Let me know when and where.

Old May 4th, 2001, 06:27 PM
Gloria

Hello, <BR>Is everyone near Minneapolis/St Paul? <BR>I am a few hours out, but willing to drive. <BR>I would be pleased to set this up. <BR>How about Iowa, Wisconsin, South Dakota, North Dakota or Canada? <BR>Let's get something going! <BR>If you go to the photos at this web address, then to the guestbook and send me your name, email address and if Minneapolis is convenient, I would be happy to put this together. If we do it this way you can be assured that you are sending it to a legitimate address/person, and I can protect myself from any virus. <BR> <BR>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...a=12407636&f=0 <BR> <BR>I hope we can get this together in the next couple of months. <BR>Send me your emails! <BR>Gloria

Old May 5th, 2001, 04:51 AM
To the Top

Okay, here's some help for Gloria to get those great "weekend ratings".

Old May 5th, 2001, 07:06 AM
Beth

Gloria, <BR>Chicago isn't that far from Minneapolis! Maybe some of the Chicago group would like to carpool it up and join the fun. You know us, always up for another trip somewhere!! I'll go to your web site and sign up. <BR> <BR>Good luck with the organizing.

Old May 5th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Gloria

Thanks! Who is out there that is ready for an evening of fun travel talk? <BR>Either post your email address here or send it to the above address. Sorry to go about it this way, I am sure you can understand. <BR>MSP, Stillwater, whatever works! <BR>Gloria

Old May 5th, 2001, 07:14 AM
Gloria

Beth! I had the same idea about your group! This could be the Great Upper Midwest Gettogether! How about a name for the group so I don't have to say THAT again? <BR>Wisconsin, Iowa, Dakotas, Canada...I'm talking to you! <BR>Gloria

Old May 5th, 2001, 07:28 AM
Gretchen

I live in North Dakota, but would be willing to drive in for a weekend or so. Sounds like fun!

Old May 5th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Gloria

This is wonderful! We have heard from Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Illinois! Capo, you are gonna want to come back! <BR>Some are talking about dinner and a possible overnight as their drive is long. <BR>Some are replying to me directly, I guess that is fine (please, no viruses), others are sending through my photopoint website. Either way, let us know if you are interested and we are going to make this happen! I think we are going to have a good turnout. <BR>Ideas for the event name? <BR>Keep 'em coming! <BR>Gloria

Old May 5th, 2001, 11:21 AM
Danna

Great Idea! Count me in!

Old May 5th, 2001, 02:37 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Italian? Did somebody say BUCCA's?

Old May 5th, 2001, 05:17 PM
Gloria

Hello, All! <BR>Just checking in...we have around twenty people already on board for this without the Chicago group (although how fun would THAT be?)! <BR> <BR>Jim, Bucca's is EXACTLY what I had in mind for our get together. Several people have indicated a want to stay over. <BR> <BR>Bobbi, thanks for the offer to help and Danna, I'll be in touch. To all the others, thanks for responding and I will be in contact with you. <BR> <BR>Still haven't heard from South Dakota nor Iowa! <BR>Anyone else? <BR>Cheers! <BR>Gloria

Old May 6th, 2001, 04:23 AM
Gloria

Good Morning! <BR>It has been a true delight hearing from all of you! I sent you all a tidbit of info, except Gretchen and Fleur (could you send me an email and I shall respond?), to let you know that we have plenty of interest and that midsummer is what I am thinking. If that proves to be too busy, I am certainly open to a September gathering. <BR>This sounds like a great deal of fun. I hope more respond. As said earlier, in addition to Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, and Illinois, who we have heard from, Canada, South Dakota and Iowa, we are calling your name! <BR>Cheers! <BR>Gloria

Old May 6th, 2001, 01:53 PM
topping

HELLOOOOOOOO!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -