Reload this Page >

Flying to/from Europe

Search

Flying to/from Europe

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 04:41 PM
ingrid

Flying to/from Europe

Sorry for reposting but it's urgent: <BR>My husband will fly for one day to Germany; out Wednesday, back on Friday. Has anybody recent experience with how long the lines are at the airports; flight cancellations; time to connect flights (he has some tight connections)? Thanks! <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 04:44 PM
D.J.

Ingrid, someone has started a thread about this on the U.S. board, it may be helpfull.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 04:48 PM
Thyra

Ingrid, what airport is he flying out of? If it's LAX I know the waits are LONG... for domestic flights you are recommended to get there AT LEAST 2 hours before.. but I would suggest more if possible, from my associates who have flown lately, the security lines go round the block. <BR>For international 3 hours at least I believe. Also only 1 carry-on is now allowed.

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 06:36 PM
harvey

It's not that bad. You just need more time and expect delays. Pretty much plan to blow the whole day ie 7am to midnight plus six getting back. If you are leaving from a gateway city, then wwithout a connection to make it is not that bad. Bon voyage!

Old Oct 9th, 2001, 06:41 PM
StCirq

The general consensus is that you need to get to the airport 3 hours ahead of time for an overseas flight. I'd follow that guideline - it can't hurt to be there early and it could hurt to be there later than the new guidelines.