Flowers for Husband in Italy

Aug 5th, 2001, 07:52 AM
Bonnie

Flowers for Husband in Italy

My husband and his family (mom, dad, brother, sisters) are vacationing in Italy and I miss him terribly. I would like to leave him a rose or a small bouquet of flowers at the hotel. Other than contacting the hotel, any suggestions? He will be in Florence on Monday, Tuesday and Sorrento on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I know this may sound silly to some of you, but I thought it would be nice to show him how much me and his babies miss him. Thank you.

Aug 5th, 2001, 08:06 AM
Surlok

Bonnie,

You can use this service:

http://www.abundantflowersonline.com/

They have an international deliver, but it's not cheap. If you think it's worth, do it anyway.

Surlok

Aug 5th, 2001, 08:15 AM
Ursula

Bonnie: Another international service would be

www.fleurop.com

Again, that one is not cheap either. You can see the bouquets available on that site and order on-line.

Aug 5th, 2001, 08:35 AM
Tina

And do try the option of contacting your hotel to see if they can help you out locally.

Seems a shame to pay the high costs of a service --- when you buy flowers in Italy, they're so cheap. I've been in open-air food markets where you can buy wonderful fresh-cut flowers, enough to fill a large vase for only $9. In fact on the train from Rome down to Naples, I've looked out windown & seen large greenhouses where they obviously are growing flowers. And presumably those are exported.

Aug 5th, 2001, 07:27 PM
Dona

Bonnie,
I was fortunate enough to have flowers sent to me at a hotel in Florence - my friend arranged it through my hotel. I'm not sure this was the best price, but it was the easiest for my friend - and they were beautiful!

Dona

Aug 6th, 2001, 07:25 AM
Julie

I'm also putting in a vote to do this through your hotel. I've also done it through services like the ones mentioned on this site. However, from what I heard from the recipients, I would stick with going through the hotel. The quality and price were wonderful and I didn't feel the extra money was justified by using the service.

Aug 6th, 2001, 07:31 AM
Laura

Bonnie, I hope he sends you flowers for keeping the home fires burning and the babies safe!