Florence -- Weekend vs. weekday

Jan 15th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Albert

Florence -- Weekend vs. weekday

We'll be in Florence in late June. In planning visits to major sites (i.e., museums with long lines, churches) does it matter if we go on weekend vs. weekday? I know about Monday closings, so don't need that info. Thanks.

Jan 15th, 2003, 11:06 AM
a--z

-
It'll be very busy in June; possibly a tad less hectic on weekdays than weekends. If you plan on visiting the Uffizzi museum or the Accademia (David), it's well worth reserving tix ahead.

Jan 15th, 2003, 11:55 AM
stephen

stay at the torre guelfa

Jan 15th, 2003, 12:08 PM
John G

Florence is much busier on the weekend than weekdays. Italians, who have the weekend off, come to Florence to see the major sites and add to the congestion. I WOULD NEVER go to Florence in June. Centro will look like Times Square on New Year's Eve. I have been to Florence in June and I will NEVER make that mistake again.

Jan 15th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Albert

Thank you a--z for actually replying to my question. Thank you Stephen for continuing your recent bizarre ranting -- did I ask about a hotel? Thank you JohnG -- when you can change my kids' school schedule I'll take your advice. Last time I was in Italy was in June -- yes, crowded, but better than not going at all.

Jan 15th, 2003, 06:17 PM
John G

If you don't like our advice, why on earth did you ask for it in the first place??????? As Oscar Wilde said, "No good deed ever goes unpunished."

Jan 16th, 2003, 05:03 AM
xxx

john g, i think his advise request was "weekends vs. weekdays." i don't recall him asking what time of year he should go.