Reload this Page >

Florence Vicinity: Hotel with Pool?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2000, 09:30 AM
jackie

I want a hotel with pool near Florence, for 2 women max 125$ one night. I will not be sightseeing, just relaxing for one afternoon and morning. I will have been in Italy for 2 weeks already, but this will be friend's first day, and first time in Italy; she will probably want to sightsee on her own. Will need to return car in Florence on Sunday noon and hop train to weeklong workshop in Tuscany. Any suggestions?

Old Jun 3rd, 2000, 09:56 AM
Jackie

P.S. I am searching various sites like venere.it etc.... I really am interested in hearing from anyone who has stayed and can recommend a place. For example, how bout Hotel II Cigno, or Hotel Villa Rosa di Boscorotondo? Thanks alot ya'll.

Old Jun 3rd, 2000, 04:06 PM
nancy

This hotel costs more than $125/night,it runs closer to $180, but it looks beautiful, is only 10 mins. outside Florence, and is directly on the Arno! <BR>You can find it on Venere.it. <BR>Look under Firenze, the name is <BR>Alle Ville Sull'Arno. <BR>I remember seeing another hotel listed during my browsing,( maybe on the same site,) and I was surprised because it had a pool ,and appeared to be in the city itself. <BR>Good luck. <BR>Have fun. <BR>Nancy

Old Jun 3rd, 2000, 04:34 PM
candy

i highly recommend an agro called FATTORIA IL MILIONE di Brandimarte Guscelli, 4 miles outside Florence (tel 055/2048713, fax 055/2048046), price in 99 was 150,000lire/night for 2 (they may enforce 3-night minimum but it's definitely worth a try). they have 7 apts, some filled with antiques, a wonderfully landscaped outdoor pool set in a pretty garden designed by the owner's late husband (a noted silversmith), horses to ride, walking and jogging paths, and great communal dinners (50,000lire) on the patio under a wisteria-covered pergola, all surrounded by olive groves. nearby is an enchanting--no really it is--little restaurant on a hilltop--don't know the name, but the agro owner, who speaks english well, will tell you. you should have a car for this place, tho my friend walked up the hill a couple minutes and easily caught a bus into the city one day. Is there a question in your second-to-last sentence?

Old Jun 4th, 2000, 05:04 AM
nancy

Jackie, <BR>Candy's suggestion sounds really nice! <BR>Another suggestion is from a book I have, Hotels and Country Inns (of Character and Charm) in Italy. <BR>It is put out by Rivages(Fodor), and is the 1998 edition. <BR>It lists a 26 room hotel in the heights of Firenze called Villa Belvedere. <BR>It has a pool, tennis court , has a great view of Firenze, some rooms have terraces, they say the nicest are on the top floor. <BR>The pricew is higher than you want, running about $140 to $170 /night for a double. <BR>But it sounds very close to the city. <BR>The Tel# is (0) 55-22 25 01 <BR>Fax# (0) 55- 22 31 63 <BR>Address is <BR>Via Benedetto Castelli,3 <BR>50124 Firenze <BR>The owners are Signore and Signora Ceschi-Perotto <BR>Hope you find something good. <BR>Nancy