Reload this Page >

Florence/Venice Hotels

Search

Florence/Venice Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 12:21 PM
JLHood

Florence/Venice Hotels

I am planning to go to Florence and Venice in late Oct/early Nov. I saw a rate at the Hotel Calzaiouli that I could live with, and an even better rate at Hotel Pitti Palace. In Venice, I saw a promotional rate at the Malpiero Suite Palio Bianco that looked very good. Does anyone know anything about any of these hotels?

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 12:28 PM
Book Chick

Dear JL, <BR>The Hotel Pitti Palace is the only one I'm familiar with, but it's really nice. There's a buffet breakfast in a room where you have a nice view, & it's sometimes been rated a three-star, sometimes a four-star hotel with the amenities one would expect from such. (In-room hairdryers, etc.) It's in a pretty good location. <BR>Hope this helps, <BR>BC

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 08:08 PM
mike

The Pitti Palace is fine. And has an OK breakfast; staff speaks better English than I speak Italian. It is a great location (just off the Ponte Vecchio). The Lungarno is just down the street and we have stayed there too. It is more expensive, but VERY nice. Many good rist. in the area. Safe. M.

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 09:44 PM
John G

I only stay at the Savoy in Firenze and Cipriani in Venezia. I suggest you do the same. They are very expensive, but so what? Splurge. Live a little. You can't enjoy your money when you are dead. John G.

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 09:32 PM
JL

Thanks for the advice on Hotel Pitti Palace. I'll pass on the Savoy. If I wasn't worried about money, I'd stay at the Grand (where I had the pleasure of staying in the past)or Excelsior. <BR> <BR>Still interested in advice on Calzaiouli in Florence and the Malipiero on Piazza Formosa in Venice. <BR> <BR>JL