Reload this Page >

Florence to Cinque Terre and Assisi?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 10:35 PM
Eunice

I'm having some difficulty in planning my Italian itinerary. <BR> <BR>We're flying into Rome and spending one night there (Sept.8) The next day we plan to take a train to Florence, and we'll be spending 2 nights there (Sept. 9-10). Then we'd like to take a bus to Siena and spend one day and night there (Sept.11). From there, I'm not exactly sure what to do (Sept.12-14). We'd like to go to Cinque Terre and/or Assisi by train or bus, but we have to make it back in Rome to catch a plane on Sept.15. Can we take a train from Siena to Cinque Terre, and then catch Assisi on the way back to Rome? Or should we forget Assisi altogether? <BR> <BR>Any advice or ideas would be appreciated!

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Paulo

The train trip between Monterosso in the Cinque Terre and Asisi takes over 6 hours, with two changes. From Riomaggiore it would take some 20-25 minutes less. From any town in between it could take longer and involve an extra change. Considering the limited time you have, it wouldn't be advisable to visit both, the Cinque Terre and Asisi. <BR> <BR>My personal choice would be to stay an extra day or two in Siena (and use the bus to visit San G., the Chianti district, Montalcino, Motepulciano, etc), and take a bus to Assisi. If you prefer the Cinque Terre, just go ahead. <BR> <BR>If you opt for the Cinque Terre, the earliest you'd be able to arrive in the airport is 11:18am, with a couple of train changes and an approx. 4 hour trip. From Assisi, the trip would be much shorter and you'd be able to arrive at 8:49am. <BR> <BR>Paulo