florence rentals

Search

florence rentals

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
florence rentals

We are looking for help in renting an apartment in florence for two people. we do all of our travel in italy by train or bus so a place near the s.m.n station woyuld be perfect. any help or recommendations would be appreciated. our travel timetable is mid oct to nov 2008.
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 01:30 PM

Hi

I can't really help you with the accommodation. But I did go there with my wife this summer and I have posted a trip report with pictures and links on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com/florence_italy_travelogue.htm . Maybe you can find some useful information there.

Regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 01:36 PM

Residenza Il Carmine -- on the Oltr'Arno (far side of the Arno from SMN) but still walkable -- at least, we walked with luggage with no problem.

Last year, we rented their Domus suite -- ground floor, French doors onto the garden, with a magnolia tree flowering outside our window in March.

HUGE apartment for 2 -- we even had a small separate luggage room, 2 baths, 2 sitting rooms.

The Carmine has other smaller units, at lower prices.

(FYI: We got a winter discount -- I think we paid 79 E a night for this immaculate 1000 sq ft apartment. Incredible!)

Most important, the location cannot be beaten (or "beat", as Fodorites tend to write).

The Oltr'Arno is SO central yet SO much quieter than the downtown/ right bank of the Arno.

Great Restaurants too. Plus the Pitti Palace, Carmine church, Santo Spirito, Fortezza di Belvedere etc etc.
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 02:04 PM

sleepinginflorence.com and florenceapartmentrentals.net -- all of these apartments are owned by one lady Gianna and her apartments are great and central. I've stayed in them many times and when I got married in Florence, all my wedding guests booked the apartments and everyone loved them as well.
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 08:38 PM

You did not mention budget. We stayed in this apartment in July of 07 and it was lovely. The location was perfect. (we took the train in and it was no big deal to take a cab to the apartment).

http://www.rentvillas.com/PropertyDe...?Catalog=11983

It was better then the photos...
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses to our request. We have been to Florence several times but always in a hotel. Your information will be most helpful.

Old Nov 18th, 2007, 10:51 AM

Also go to VRBO.com (Vacation Rentals by Owner) and search for apartments in Florence. There are thousands of listings all over the world on VRBO.

Charnee