Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Florence: Hotels Il Perseo, Pendini, Bellettini

Nov 5th, 1998, 12:52 PM
Ron

We are going to florence for 4 nites in the first week of December, and was wondering if anyone had stayed at either Hotel il Perseo, Hotel Pendini, or Hotel Bellettini? Comments please re. price, location, cleanliness and friendliness of staff. Also: restaurant suggestions!
Thanks

Nov 5th, 1998, 12:58 PM
Richard Vicek

Good evening, Ron
have not stayed at any of your hotels, however here are a couple of ristorantes
all tried and true.
Rist. Mama Gina, Borgo S. Jacopo, 37R
resvn sugg. $$$ located just to right of the Ponte Vecchios' south end about one block.
Trattoria Celestina, Pza S. Felicita, 4R
Resvn Sugg. $$$ located to left of South end of Ponte Vecchio, small square
1/4 block up the street.
Trrattoria Ilk Bargello, Borgo Die Grechi, 37R $$$ just about a block behind the Pza Della Signoria.
Good eating. Richard of Hickory Hills, Il...

Nov 5th, 1998, 01:31 PM
Carol Anderson

I've stayed at Il Perseo twice, in 12/95 and 10/98. I love it! Rooms are basic and I've always had one without bath; in fact my bed was so narrow I fell out before I got used to it! But it's cheap, the breakfast is nice, the staff is very friendly and helpful and you can't beat the location: within a block of the Duomo and an easy walk from the train station. From there I could walk everywhere in the "Centro Storico". Also, although located on a busy street, there are several window layers so there's no trouble sleeping. I don't believe there's any AC, and they are not allowed to turn the heat on until November.
For me -- until I become wealthy (ha!) I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Florence.
About restaurants, two reasonable ones I've enjoyed are Bella China (yes, Chinese, but with a Tuscan flair) on Ginori and Ristorante dei Medici near the Medici Chapels in San Lorenzo.
My daughter is there now -- her 2d study semester in Florence. If you need any more info, let me know.
Ciao! Enjoy your trip.

Nov 7th, 1998, 04:50 AM
Joyce

We stayed at the Bellettini last year, largely because it was the specific pick of one of Fodor's editors, as well as the price and location. It was easy walking distance from the train station and to everywhere else in Florence. It was a very comfortable hotel, our room was huge, staff very friendly and helpful, and good breakfast included.

Nov 7th, 1998, 10:30 PM
laiyee

Hello from Singapore.

Thanx for your info too. Carol, wd U by any chance post the fax # or e-mail address of Hotel il Perseo.
Can we find these hotels in any websites?

Nov 7th, 1998, 10:31 PM
laiyee

Hello from Singapore.

Thanx for your info too. Carol, cd U post the fax # or e-mail address of Hotel il Perseo. Appreciate yr help.