Reload this Page >

Florence hotel decision

Search

Florence hotel decision

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 05:42 PM
Bebe

Florence hotel decision

Would like input from those who know anything about these hotels in Florence. It's hard to decide from their web sites.<BR>Morandi Alla Crocetta, Pendini Pensione, Torre Guelfa, or Tornabuoni Beacci. They seem pretty equal in price range, good location, and amenities. But we'd like your thoughts on views, furnishings, quietness, overall pleasantness. Thanks to all.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:05 PM
ditas

stay in Tuscany instead. <BR>So I've heard unanimously for a wonderful overall experience.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 04:55 AM
ali

We stayed at Torre Guelfa last March. The room with the private terrace is very nice for hanging out, but another room we had for 3 days was dusty and dirty, and it was impossible to get COLD water for a shower. Very painful. I don't mind old at all, but I had made reservations several months in advance and that was what they would give us. The tower it has does command very pretty views of Florence, although if you go in the winter/early spring, they don't have cocktail service yet up there. The location is very good, but for what we paid ($175), I think that I could probably have gotten something better.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:13 AM
Sarah

We have booked the Tornabuoni Beacci for our honeymoon and have heard only great things about it from people who have stayed there. It was their favorite hotel during their honeymoon last year!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:35 AM
xxxx

I just stayed at Morandi alla Crocetta and found it to be a nice little hotel. It's small - only 10 rooms and there is no one at the front desk after 9:00pm. The single room I stayed in was decorated in oldish (antiques?) furniture and was clean and quiet. The bed was comfy (always a plus)! The bathroom was fine - modern fixtures, etc, if a little small (but I had single room). Since my room faced the street, there was no view to speak of. I'm not sure, but maybe there are some rooms with a view into the courtyard. <BR>For location, it is about 5 mins. away from the Duomo and the Piazza Repubblica and only 2 mins. away from the Accademia. I walked everywhere from the hotel. The farthest place I walked to was the Pitti Palace across the river and it took me 20-25 mins, so I didn't find it difficult to get around at all.<BR>Breakfast was NOT included in the room price (or an extra 11 euros) and that was a little bit of a hassle in the morning. <BR>I enjoyed my stay there and for the price I thought it was a decent place (I paid more and stayed in worse hotels!).<BR>

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:43 AM
vern

I agree with the post from Ali concerning the Torre Guelfa. I stayed there in Sept. 2000 and was very disappointed. We had reserved a special room with private balcony a year in advance and when we arrived the room was "not available". The room we ended up with was next ta an alley where deliveries were made every morning at 5am. The room was not clean and we had a problem with hot water and the water pressure every day. The manager was very rude. I would avoid this hotel.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 04:00 PM
judy skalberg

I fully agree with the previous poster on the Morandi alla Crocetta. We stayed there in 1999; beautiful antique-furnished room, lovely amenities in the bathroom, which was a decent size. No view for us, but conveniently located. We also did not take breakfast which we thought was overpriced, but there were cafes near by. You can walk just about anywhere from the hotel.