Reload this Page >

Florence Hotel Comparison

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Sam

I'm considering some hotels, all receiving good comments. To help decide, I would appreciate opiniobs:<BR><BR>Belettini - main bludge<BR>Bellettini - anex (more but a delux room)<BR>Casci

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Mariarosa

Hi Sam! I haven't stayed at any of these hotels yet. I was trying to decide between your same choices and I chose the Casci for my upcoming trip to Florence. After reading the reviews on this site, it seemed the Casci is a simple two-star that is very well run. It is family-managed and the family cares about providing a comfortable stay. Their e-mails have been very cordial.<BR><BR>The overall consensus about the Bellettini is that the annex is fantastic. All the guide books I checked liked it very much. However, the price for an annex room as quoted by the Bellettini is 150 Euros (45% higher than a room at the Casci). This is for February which is winter and low season. Even if the rooms are as nice as everyone is saying, it was way beyond my budget for a two-star hotel.<BR><BR>I thought both choices sounded acceptable. I will post a report on the Casci when we get back.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Marj

I've stayed at the Casci and Mariarosa's comments are very true. Let me also add, it's very clean, quiet, convenient and includes a nice breakfast. Rooms are short on charm but everything else is delightful. I'm not familiar with the other's mentioned.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Ginger

Stayed at the Belletini in December. I'd stay somewhere else next time.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Sue

Stayed in Bellettini annex in May and thought it was great; however, it was many more lire than friends, who'd been there months earlier, told me. Perhaps they've upped their prices considerably? But then I haven't stayed anywhere else in Florence, so maybe it's still good price?<BR>The room was quite beautifully decorated; the ceiling was covered with painted fabric (told to us by the owner) which looked like a fresco; what more appropriate for Florence? The bathroom was large, marble.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 01:57 PM
xxxxx

Do you have a website address for the Casci?

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 03:12 PM
aa

www.hotelcasci.com

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 01:31 AM
kl

Stayed at the main Belletini this summer and loved it.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Patricia

I will be in Florence March 3 and will be staying at the Fineze Palace. It is a 4 star hotel.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 11:41 AM
zouaggie

I know this sounds weird, but the Casci has the coolest toilets. They fold out of the wall! Does anyone else know what I am talking about?

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Lori

Sam, <BR><BR>I just booked my room at the Casci for the middle of March. I have heard nice things about it! It isn't a bad price and is supposed to be in a great location.<BR><BR>Have fun!

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Grasshopper

I stayed at Casci a few years ago and we had to move from room to room the few days we were there because we hadn't had reservations and Sra. Lombardi was helpful at fitting us in as rooms became available. I had one room with a fold out toilet but the others were normal. Each bathroom was very different from the others. For that matter, each room was different!

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 09:23 AM
Gaye

We checked into both the Bellettini and Casci for June 02 and found the Casci 50 Euros more per night.