Reload this Page >

Florence--best area to stay in

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:15 AM
kakiebell

I will be in Florence in June and want to be centrally located to the museums, shopping and restaurants. It is very confusing what area would be the best. Please help!!

Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florence is relatively compact. It is a fairly easy walk between the major tourist attractions. We stayed a few blocks from the train station and were less than a 10 minute walk to the Doumo and the Piazza Republica.
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:12 AM

We stayed at Antica Torre Tornabuoni. It is in a great location on the Via Tornabuoni, Florence's smartest shopping street and right next to Ponte Santa Trinita (the next bridge down from the Ponte Vecchio). I'd highly recommend the hotel and the location. www.tornabuoni1.com
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:01 AM

We rented an apartment for a month south of the train station and slightly east. We went to school completely on the other side of the city near Teatro Verdi. It was an easy walk every morning. You have a vast area surrounding the historic center that would be considered an easy walk.
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 09:07 AM

We stayed next to the Arno river. The city is easy to navigate and walk around. Next time, we'll stay opposite the Duomo on the Boboli Gardens side, a bit less touristy and still nice!
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:06 AM

Hi kakiebell,

If you stay near the Duomo, you will easily be able to walk to everything. When I say "near" I mean within a few blocks or so.

Have a great time.

Daria
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:10 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Giada two weeks ago. It was a nice place and a great location, near the Duomo with a great market in front and good restaurant (ZaZa) nearby. Look for good hotel rates at www.venere.it.