Flights to Scotland

May 17th, 2001, 10:09 AM
Gordan

Flights to Scotland

Hi

My wife and I want to travel from Boston to Scotland this summer.

So far all of the flights we've been offered have been via Iceland, Ireland or England.
Does Scotland have it's own airline ? What is the best way to get there ? All advice welcome.

May 17th, 2001, 10:18 AM
MarySue

In doing research for our upcoming trip I could only find two flights into Glasgow from the US: Continental from Newark and American from Chicago. We are leaving from Cincinnati and flying through London Gatwick on Delta then British Airways to Glasgow - it turned out to be the best deal for us. Check out some of the airfare websites and see what is the best deal from Boston.

May 17th, 2001, 06:52 PM
scot

The Iceland option is fast, comfortable and efficient.

May 19th, 2001, 06:45 PM
lin

Just returned from Scotland via Icelandair to NYC. I agree that their services are fine and efficient.

May 21st, 2001, 08:41 AM
antoniette

You can fly via Toronto. Air Canada have direct flights from Toronto, and so do charter airlines like Canada 3000 and Air Transat. If you want to fly on Canada 3000 or Air Transat, the rates will be quoted in Canadian dollars, so you will have a really good saving. The websites are www.canada3000.com or www.airtransatholidays.com

May 21st, 2001, 09:03 AM
AH

Last summer I flew Air Canada from Newark to Toronto to Glasgow for app $300 USD. The year before I flew British Air direct from JFK to Glasgow but I don't think that flight exists anymore.

What's the concern about a stopover?