flights to italy

Nov 17th, 2000, 05:22 AM
Victor

flights to italy

I have vouchers for delta so I am stuck with them. Is 920.00 r/t the going rate for May. Or should I wait, taking the chance that it could go up or down or loose availability all together.

Nov 17th, 2000, 05:23 AM
Paige

Where are you flying from?

Nov 17th, 2000, 05:34 AM
Debbie

Where are you going in Italy on Delta? They fly to Venice, Milan and Rome. Give us the particulars-first or second part of May(seasonal rates),how many going,etc. and where your trip going to take you.

Nov 17th, 2000, 07:42 AM
Victor

Ooops. Sorry and thank you for responding, flying from Ft Lauderdale to Rome and then Milan back to Lauderdale.

Nov 17th, 2000, 07:58 AM
Marilyn Ham

We have flown to Rome from Denver and have never paid over $560, but it depends on who you buy them through, but I would think in Ft Lauderdale by watching the newspapers you would find better buys. Marilyn

Nov 17th, 2000, 11:15 AM
norena

Victor, we are in the same boat as you are trying to get to Rome from the South for May and these prices and higher are what we are getting. I was told recently that even some of the consolidator fare contracts are coming in at almost $900 for May.

We also want to fly on our frequent flyer airline and be sure to get certain flights we want with only one connection. I am concerned that if we wait, we "might" find a cheaper fare but it will be on an airline we don't particularly want to fly with and have multiple connections. For this reason, we are going to pay the premium and try to get what we want now.

If your vouchers will help bring down the price a bit more, then going with Delta sounds like a good deal if you don't want to "sweat it out". If you check out the flights which are cheaper on Travelocity and even Qixo, they are not for the best times and connections from what I have seen. Best of luck on your choice and have a great trip!

Nov 17th, 2000, 02:15 PM
beth

I would wait to see if they come down. I am flying from JFK to Rome and then from Venice back to JFK in June 2001. We are paying 469.00 RT