Reload this Page >

flight supplements from Scotland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 01:46 PM
tam

could everyone who disagrees with the level of flight supplements from scotish airports please register here! For instance the distance to Florida is actually less from Glasgow than it is from Gatwick yet the supplement is far higher from Glasgow!!!I do not want to give out my e-mail address as I have had problems in the past but I will be copying the replies and sending them on!

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 02:07 PM
fiona

we never choose to fly from Scottish airports because of the supplements and usually from Manchester or Gatwick. Mind you that does give us a wider choice of holidays anyway. We do get fed up with Spain and Malta!!

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Jeremy

I have protested loudly in the past about this- but to newspapers so the internet is a new and maybe even a more powerful source! We Scots are treated very badly.

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 02:17 PM
sam

I wish you luck- you'll need it!!!!!!scotland is a nothing to everyone in control

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 02:31 PM
mary

count me in!!

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 02:35 PM
leanne

I can sympathise and I don't even come from Scotland!! Seriously , last year we went to Barbados and found that the Brits actaully paid a lot less than us for the same Quality. Lets face it , ?America is a lot closer than UK

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 03:16 PM
a.non

to the top!

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 10:42 PM
jack

we also choose to go from Manchester which adds a LOT of travelling time as we live in Dundee.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 08:48 AM
frank

When they built the latest terminal at Heathrow the BAA upped the landing charges on all the "regional" airports like Glasgow to pay for it! <BR>It's a carve-up. <BR>More power to your elbow Tam.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 01:26 PM

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 01:26 PM
Sheila

round here we call it Aberdeen added tax. But I suspect it reflects the small size of our market

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 01:30 PM
tam

To Sheila <BR>Don't I know it- i come from Aberdeen as well!!! It wouldn't even be so bad if there was a decent range of destinations!!!