Flight from Paris to Amsterdam

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone reccomend an airline from Paris to Amsterdam. Prefably a cheap one. Thanks!
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 04:50 AM

I wouldn't recommend flying from Paris to Amsterdam unless you wanted airport to airport travel.

I'd take the Thalys train & buy a Smilys ticket
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 05:25 AM

Interestingly the cheapest one way ticket I found was BA, via LHR which seems a bit of a long way round - but it was "only" €142.40. Of course that is for November, it will probably be more at other times.
The cheapest direct flight, return is €260 from KLM. Again in November.

Get the train, easier, cleaner, and probably cheaper. Certainly nearly as quick city centre to city centre.
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 06:05 AM

I just checked thalys.com and it looks like the Smilys ticket is now called a Smoove ticket. At any rate, the lowest fare is €25. To have any chance of getting this fare, book as far in advance as possible (up to 90 days allowed) at thalys.com. Choose France as the country for ticket retrieval and English as the booking language. Choose paper ticket. If you succeed in getting the Smoove fare, you print your own ticket. If you have to book a standard ticket, choose to pick it up at the station. The standard 2nd class fare is €105. The travel time is city center to city center in just over four hours. Faster than flying when you factor in the time it takes to get to and from airports, go through security, meet check-in deadlines, etc. Sit back and enjoy a comfortable ride--and reduce your carbon footprint.
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 07:28 AM

www.whichbudget.com and www.skyscanner.net
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 09:08 AM

DalaiLlama,

If you had checked search engines you listed, you would have found that no budget airlines fly Paris-Amsterdam. One's choices are a national airline, a Thalys train, or a Eurolines coach (highway bus).
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 11:16 AM

bookmarking
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 03:46 PM

TimS grumbled "DalaiLlama, If you had checked search engines you listed, you would have found that no budget airlines fly Paris-Amsterdam. One's choices are a national airline, a Thalys train, or a Eurolines coach (highway bus)"

That's not true. Right now OP can fly for USD80 with one quick change of planes in London. Who sez that's not what they want? It's for them to decide.

Since OP doesn't say when they travel, I leave it to them to search, I simply point to the source - things change all the time, with budget travel never say never.
Old Nov 14th, 2008, 03:13 AM

No such thing as a quick change of planes in London! You have to go through security again, and immigration since you have left Schengen and re-enter it, and may even have to change terminals. Why make two flights of 1 hour plus all the faffing about involved with flying when you can get a train which will take less time, and cost less?
Old Nov 14th, 2008, 09:24 AM

OP wanted advice about cheap flights to get from Paris to Amsterdam - no more no less, and that's what I offered - the rest is up to them.