Reload this Page >

Flight changes (&*%#@!)

Search

Flight changes (&*%#@!)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 01:38 PM
Gerry K

Flight changes (&*%#@!)

Travelocity notified me recently that my flight on Air India to London has been changed a full day. Are airlines allowed to do that? Is there a limit on just how great a change they can make? <BR> <BR>Cheers, and thanks, <BR> <BR>Gerry K

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 01:55 PM
Gloria

Hi, Gerry. At least you have a flight for the same money (?). BookChic said on another post the airline wanted to reroute her and asked for an additional $300.00. I wondered if that is allowed as well. Anyone know the answer to these questions? What else may they do? <BR>

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 01:59 PM
Gerry K

Gloria, <BR> <BR>I've already made connecting flights and must re-book those at a $100 charge. <BR> <BR>Cheers, <BR> <BR>Gerry K

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 07:26 AM
JxF

Obviously they are allowed to make these changes. Another poster had encountered a similar scenario with their flight to France BACKED up a day and provided very little notice. <BR> <BR>This looks like a heads-up to all who are going forward with their travel plans for this & next month --- call your airlines a week ahead to ensure they haven't changed your travel date or time.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 01:11 PM
Judi

We just happened to check on the status of our BA flights to Rome, returning to Atlanta. The flight to Rome has not changed (yet!) but the flight from Rome to Gatwick was canceled; They are only flying into Heathrow. There was no way we could make connections getting from Heathrow to Gatwick for our flight to Atlanta, so we have to overnight in London. That is okay except that we will get home the day before Thanksgiving, when Hartsfield is traditionally a zoo. To BA's credit, we were offered a full refund if we wanted to cancel and were not charged for our change in itineraries. We are actually looking forward to spending a night in London.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 03:54 PM
peter

if a 1 day change is upsetting you then you are on the wrong airline.ir indai is famous for all sorts of screw ups. cancellations, delays, tardyness are just a few. once in the air there ok but expect the worst when using them

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 04:52 PM
Gerry K

I have learned since posting this that most airline members of IATA feel free to change schedules up to 24 hours before or after a booked flight. Apparently, this is more likely to happen with a minor carrier. <BR> <BR>Having had the same thing happen to me last year with Royal Air Maroc, you'd think I would have learned. Perhaps others will learn from my stupidity. <BR> <BR>I guess my only hope is that they cancel the flight entirely. <BR> <BR>Cheers, <BR> <BR>Gerry K