Flight cancellation

Search

Flight cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2022, 03:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight cancellation

Hello, I would like your help about my flight cancellation. I was about to fly with Wizzair from Greece to Italy and the company cancelled the flight few hours before the departure. I booked the flight through an agency online (Mytrip) and now I want to get a refund but I don’t know how. Can anyone help me please? Â Thank you in advance !
Old Sep 14th, 2022, 05:19 AM

It is not easy to get a refund quickly when you do not book directly with the airline. You will probably get bounced back and forth between the online vendor and wizzair. This happened to me between Swissair and Priceline when my flight got canceled, and it took months. It will likely depend on who charged your credit card.
Old Sep 14th, 2022, 05:40 AM

I would immediately contact your credit card company. I don’t know anything about who you bought the ticket from, have you tried to call them?

WizzAir is awful, they do not care, so call your cc company, they should do a chargeback if the flight was cancelled.
Old Sep 14th, 2022, 06:14 AM

https://simpleflying.com/eu-flight-d...nsation-guide/

It is covered by EU rules.
Old Sep 14th, 2022, 07:39 AM

A good place to start would be reading How does the Refund Process Work page on the Mytrip website. You might be able to view or initiate a refund through My Bookings,if not contact Mytrip.

Old Sep 14th, 2022, 01:57 PM

There is no requirement under Ec261/2004 that you must seek compensation from the booking agency. If the airline tries to push you to agency, ask them to cite the article. They can't, because it doesn't exist.

Don't choose refund unless you plan to abandon the journey, because the airline will then have no obligation to provide assistance. If the airline didn't provide re routing or the rerouting option it provides isn't at the earliest opportunity, you are eligible to ask for reimbursement for the alternative journeys you made. That is not confined to flight as the mode of transport.

If the airline doesn't bother, you may be able to pursue alternative dispute resolution.

In UK, for example, many airlines based in UK or Eu have already signed up for alternative dispute resolution, which is the escalation route post liaison with airline.

Old Sep 14th, 2022, 02:02 PM

https://www.eccgreece.gr/en/topics/tourism-travels/

Try the European consumer centre. This is a eu funded body
Old Sep 15th, 2022, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by hetismij2
Rules, laws. WizzAir does not care. Many people in the UK are taking them to small claims court and get the money back that way.

I would not wait around for a response from WizzAir. They do not have a good track record with service these days.
Old Sep 15th, 2022, 01:10 AM

This was booked thru an online agent. Therefore it’s likely that the payment was processed thru the agent ie the agent was the merchant not the airline. If that’s the case, the refund needs to be initiated by the agent or by the OP using the functions mentioned on MyTrips refunds help page. The OP has not mentioned how the ticket was paid for & what they’ve done to try & get a refund.Â
Old Sep 15th, 2022, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by rialtogrl
I would immediately contact your credit card company. I don’t know anything about who you bought the ticket from, have you tried to call them?

WizzAir is awful, they do not care, so call your cc company, they should do a chargeback if the flight was cancelled.
I have no opinion on Wizzair, but I can tell you in these times of so many flight cancellations, it is a frustrating process with all airlines. I can't even count how many calls it took to finally make any progress with Swissair. My case was 'expedited' at least a dozen times, and even then they tried to send me back to Priceline.
Old Sep 15th, 2022, 05:59 AM

https://www.aviationadr.org.uk/which...an-adr-scheme/

List of Alternative dispute resolution bodies

Their turnaround was reasonable. It saves you from chasers to airlines as airlines would respond to these Adr requests.

There is nothing to prevent the engagement with credit card companies.