Reload this Page >

flight bargains?

Search

flight bargains?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 04:03 PM
sue

flight bargains?

The reservations lady at Virgin told me NOT to buy tickets for my July trip until March, when there will be lots of sales. Is this true or am I just wasting time and losing seats on the flights I want by waiting? Are there also BA bargains?

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Jim Rosenberg

It's impossible to even hazard a guess about it without knowing the itinerary you were considering, class of seats (if it is not coach) and the fare.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Karen

After searching all around the web for a good fare on one of my flights- I went here and got THE BEST deal!<BR><BR>travelselect.com<BR><BR>http://www.travelselect.com/cgi-bin/starter.cgi

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Joan

B.A. is running a special deal. I think you must book by Jan. 25th. It is called &quot;fly free&quot;. RT from Miami to Heathrow was $453 including all taxes, PLUS TWO FREE NIGHTS AT A LONDON HOTEL, INCLUDING B/F DAILY. Choice of 9 hotels to pick from. Visit the B.A. website or you can call them.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Ira

Hi Sue,<BR> Why don't you trust the reservation lady at Virgin?

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Karen

I've used this one and gotten great prices a number of times...plus they give you airline points too.<BR><BR>http://www.1877femtrip.com/<BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 07:11 AM
Ann

Be patient. And don't worry that you won't be able to get a seat. You can ALWAYS get a seat. The only thing that varies by waiting is the price of the ticket.

Old Feb 14th, 2003, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WORD OF WARNING- I had arranged an e-ticket through travelselect.com<BR>and after getting their confirmation-<BR>I went on my trip. For the leg of my journey booked through them- they DID<BR>NOT pay for my ticket so the reservation amd all was cancelled when I went to the airport in Europe!<BR>I was lucky to get the same reservations, barely, and the airlines saw the fare that I had originally been quoted and tried , they said, their best, to get me the best price. I ended up paying double for the ticket I should have had.<BR>Thanks travelselect.com.