Reload this Page >

Fjords in Oslo area?

Search

Fjords in Oslo area?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2000, 05:28 PM
Robbyn

Fjords in Oslo area?

We are going to be spending two days in Norway near Hamar visiting relatives. We can't go to Bergen, because we won't have time. We are going to be driving up to Norway through Sweden. We would like to see some Fjords and wondered if there were any pretty areas near the S.W. of Norway, near Oslo? <BR>

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 01:03 PM
Ada

No real fjords near Oslo!

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 03:56 PM
s.fowler

Well there are fjords and FJORDS. Oslo is on a fjord, but not a FJORD.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 11:16 AM
Kjell B

True, there are no fjords very close to Oslo. However, if you have the time, I suggest you take the one-day trip offered by the Norwegian State Railways (NSB) called "Norway in a Nutshell". That trip takes you through some very nice mountain and fjord areas - on train, boat and bus. Also, I would like to recommend taking a ferry from Oslo to Copenhagen, because you will then see most of the Oslo fjord.

Old Feb 15th, 2000, 02:41 PM
Robbyn

Kjell, <BR> <BR>Do you know the price of the ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo and how long it takes? I have heard so much about Norway in a Nutshell, but we aren't going to have the time. <BR>Thanks, <BR>Robbyn <BR>P.S. Is there anyplace for my son (a 17 year old)to snowboard around Oslo?

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 11:03 PM
Kjell B

I don't know the price of the ferry offhand, but I'm happy to check it for you if you're still interested. The ferry leaves Copenhagen every afternoon at 5 p.m., and arrives Oslo the next morning at 9.15 a.m. There are two ships operating on this route, which means that the schedule for the Oslo-Copenhagen route is the same. <BR> <BR>There are several places close by Oslo where you can go snowboarding.