Reload this Page >

Fitzwilliam or Gresham Hotel/Dublin

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 12:00 PM
joan

We have narrowed our choices down to these 2 hotels (got a great promotional rate). In terms of accomodation, location, and surrounding attractions, which would you recommend?

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 12:04 PM
Ann

Haven't stayed in the Fitzwilliam, but really liked the Gresham. Excellent location. Service was good. We asked to switch rooms because ours didn't have a shower. No problem at all. Great view from our room, too.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Kelly

Joan,<BR><BR>Where did you get the promotional rate from? I am looking into staying at one of these hotels in March and now I don't want to pay full price! Thanks.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 03:27 PM
joan

Expedia.com is one source. Travel hero is another. Found a rate of $122 a night for Fitzwilliam (including tax and parking) and $100.80 plus tax a night for the Gresham. Which one are you looking at? I think they are both good locations - it just depends what you want to be near.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 12:48 AM
Jane

Hi Joan,<BR>I live in Dublin, and they are both excellent hotels. Make sure to visit a little fishing village called Howth.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 06:30 AM
terry

The Gresham for character - it's a lovely old hotel and something of a Dublin institution. However the Fitzwilliam, although only about 10 minutes walk away, is in a nicer area of town, especially at night. If I was to choose, I'd choose the Fitzwilliam, and I live in Dublin.