Reload this Page >

First trip to Paris

Search

First trip to Paris

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 10:30 AM
Anne

First trip to Paris

My daughter and I will be making our first trip to Europe the first week in November. Any recommendations on what to expect from the weather? Also, should we try to do any other traveling outside of Paris or plan to spend our week there? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 10:39 AM
Bob Brown

Paris is the single most commented on European city on this forum. So do a search and see if you cannot dredge up some of the many highly informative, very detailed offerings already out there. <BR> <BR>Also, you might get a better response if you gave us some indication about your current knowledge of Paris and what you might be interested in seeing and doing in terms of priorities. <BR> <BR>That was how I approached it earlier and got a very good response later on.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 10:39 AM
Bob Brown

Paris is the single most commented on European city on this forum. So do a search and see if you cannot dredge up some of the many highly informative, very detailed offerings already out there. <BR> <BR>Also, you might get a better response if you gave us some indication about your current knowledge of Paris and what you might be interested in seeing and doing in terms of priorities. <BR> <BR>That was how I approached it earlier and got a very good response later on.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 11:22 AM
lisa

Anne: My first trip to Paris was with my mom, and we had the most wonderful time. I'm sure you will too! I would recommend spending your whole week in Paris, but take a day trip to Versailles one day (very short train ride -- definitely worth it), and possibly one other side trip. If you want to get a taste of a different part of the country, I would recommend taking the TGV to the city of Tours, where you can find many day tours to various chateaux in the Loire Valley. It is beautiful. I can't remember the name of the day tour company we used upon arriving at the train station in Tours, but there are many to choose from and I'm sure guidebooks have recommendations or you can ask at a tourist information office. Have a wonderful time.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 12:36 PM
elaine

Hi Anne <BR>I just got back from Paris, have been there many times. If you'd like a copy of my sightseeing notes, daytrips, web sites, etc, <BR>please email me. <BR>A week in Paris will not be enough, but it will be a wonderful beginning, even if you take a day or two for a daytrip. <BR>Good luck. <BR>