Reload this Page >

First San Francisco Bay Area Fodorite Gathering

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 12:27 PM
Betsy

Not to be left in the dust by Fodor Fans in other parts of the US, a <BR>small group of us have been planning an evening event for Fodorites in the San Francisco Bay Area. The date, Thursday July 26, is firm because Kavey will be visiting SF from London and we definitely want to include her. So mark your calendar: THURSDAY, JULY 26th! <BR> <BR>We're in the process of determining a location for dinner on the 26th. We want to keep it inexpensive, yet good, simple and interesting. Some restaurants we are considering are listed below. <BR> <BR>We are still in the formative stages of planning this gathering and hope you will offer suggestions, too. Better yet, we hope you will come so we can swap past travel tales and compare future travel plans. <BR> <BR>Sharon, Kavey and Betsy <BR> <BR>Restaurant recommendations: <BR> <BR>Centrally located: <BR>------------------ <BR>GREAT EASTERN (Chinese) <BR>649 Jackson St. (between Grant and Kearny) <BR>San Francisco <BR>(415) 986-2500 <BR> <BR>Near Fisherman's Wharf: <BR>----------------------- <BR>MALEE (Thai and Vietnamese) <BR>1450 Lombard Street (at Gough) <BR>San Francisco <BR>415-345-9001 <BR> <BR>Russian Hill and Polk Street: <BR>----------------------------- <BR>MARIOS BOHEMIAN CIGAR STORE CAFE <BR>2209 Polk St. (bet. Green & Vallejo Sts.) <BR>San Francisco <BR>(415) 776-8226 <BR> <BR>I FRATELLI <BR>1896 Hyde St. (Green St.) <BR>San Francisco <BR>(415) 474-8240 <BR> <BR>ZARZUELA (this one might be pushing the budget, depends on what we order) <BR>2000 Hyde St. (Union St.) <BR>San Francisco <BR>(415) 346-0800

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 11:34 PM
sharon

to the top, please.

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 06:06 AM
Kavey

Please come... I am really excited about meeting other Fodorites, people from all around the world who share the passion for travelling, (and when they can't be travelling the passion for planning travel and talking travel!). <BR> <BR>If you live in the area or can easily visit we would love to see you... <BR> <BR>Kavey <BR>

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 08:06 AM
Linda

I'll be there. Sounds like fun.

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 11:48 AM
Linda

A restaurant suggestion although it's off the "tourist track" but I really like it is Buca di Beppo. Great family style Italian food and great atmosphere for a large crowd. Let me know if you need any help organizing.

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 12:57 PM
Rosenatti

Bucca de Bepo is near my office. I like that. The other restaurants are fine, too. Keep posting updates; I'll try to come.

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 01:16 PM
Betsy

Thanks for your input, Linda and Rosenatti. We'll keep this post going and ask for a headcount after we've considered everyone's suggestions and figured out what will work best for most of us. Hope you can come! Keep checking back here. <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 08:49 AM
kavey

topping... want to ensure all North Cal fodorites catch this and anyone else visiting SF at the time... <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Betsy

Topping for SF Fodorites. Y'all come!

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 07:23 AM
Roger

Ahem, so far it appears it is a ladies night. Can we guys join in as well? If so, would like my wife to join in as well.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 09:16 AM
Betsy

Au contraire, Roger! Each of us is bringing a spouse or significant other. We would for you and your wife to come. Keep checking back here for additional details as they become available.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 09:18 AM
Betsy

Uh...make that "we would love for you and your wife..." (brain burp)

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 10:38 PM
sharon

Just sending this up the ladder again. I have to admit that I really hate this system. There are much better ways to organize chat postings... <BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 08:38 AM
Joe

I regret that I will be in Scandinavia when you meet (welllll, maybe I don't regret it). I would like to have joined you. As a native San Franciscan I will offer a little advise. Buca de Beppo is a fun restaurant with decent food (been there several times), but it is very difficult to hold a conversation due to the noise level. I would assume the group will want to talk about travel experiences and get to know each other. Shouting is the order of the day and the tables are close togethor making "round the table visiting" impossible at Buca. Just a thought.

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 09:29 AM
Betsy

Joe <BR> <BR>Are you sure you'd rather travel to Scandinavia than come to the get together? Thanks for your input about the Buca de Beppo.

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 09:38 AM
Art

Hi Betsy, I might just make it up there. My company is shutting down July 15th so if I don't have another job by then, might drive up. <BR>Art <BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 01:54 PM
Kavey

Woo Hoo Wooo Hoooo <BR> <BR>Art, hope you can make it... and you can set the record for attending most Fodorite gatherings...!!! <BR> <BR>Hope all of you who have posted here can make it.. I cant wait to meet you all... <BR> <BR>Kavey

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 06:48 PM
Diane

Wish I could be there. I will be on the road as well. Doing the dreaded travel with small children...

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 05:05 AM
sharon

Just sending this up again.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 11:26 AM
Stephanie

If each is bringing a spouse or significant other, does that mean us singles are not welcome?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -