First Ever Trip to Italy

Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:33 PM
Original Poster

First Ever Trip to Italy

I started the Message Title and then realised I didn't have anything deeply meaningful to say, nor was I seeking any info. All I can really say is that we leave for my first ever trip to Italy this week. I can't believe this is happening and we are full of anticipation, although husband has been previously.

So wish us well,we are 1 week in Rome (Trastevere), 2 weeks Tuscany (1/2 way between San Gimi. and Siena), 1 week Venice and other general trips.

We have a car for Tuscany, then on to Switzerland via rail for 2 weeks (Varenna, Lugano, Lucerne, Lauterbrunnen, Murren, Gruyeres, Zermatt, Arosa, Lucerne again) and home via Hong Kong.

I have gleaned so much useful advice from this site and I hope to post a Trip Review when we return. We have 11 year old who is also eagerly anticipating the trip!

Ciao

Pleiades
Jun 4th, 2007, 06:39 AM
jgg

Sounds like a wonderful trip!! Have a fabulous time!
Jun 4th, 2007, 06:50 AM

How wonderful for you all! When I was 16, our family of 13 (cousins, aunts, uncles, parents, and grandmother) spent 6 weeks in Europe and it is a trip I will NEVER forget! I am most thankful for the opportunity!

Twenty five years later, I was finally able to return to Italy with my parents (who were on the first trip), and my husband and 2 kids (who had never been to Europe) for 2 weeks.

Now, we try to plan a trip every 1-1 1/2 years.

I can understand your excitement and anticipation and wish you the best on your trip. Wow...five weeks! Have a BLAST!
Jun 4th, 2007, 06:52 AM

Hi Pleiades

Here's to you and your family having a wonderful time! Six weeks in Europe? You should know that I am really jealous!

Have a safe trip.

Johanna
Jun 4th, 2007, 06:54 AM

My son was 12 when we went for the first time. Savour it. Give him/her a little independence, especially in Venice. Do lots on wandering. Get good street maps.

Have a fabulous time and don't kill yourselves trying to keep a hectic schedule.
Jun 4th, 2007, 07:05 AM

Oops! I meant..."Wow, six weeks! Have a blast!"