Firenze - need hotel suggestions!?

Jan 4th, 2002, 10:19 AM
First-timer

Firenze - need hotel suggestions!?

Looking for hotel recommendations in Firenze. Want nice hotel in central location w/ private bath & shower. Budget: approximately $100-$150/night, but will spend more if there's a place "not to miss"...

Thanks!

Jan 4th, 2002, 11:04 AM
a

check out hotel casci, www.hotelcasci.com

Jan 6th, 2002, 10:19 AM
JamesL

We enjoyed our stay last summer at the Hotel Morandi all Crocetta http://www.hotelmorandi.it/ . Just far enough from the Arno to be quiet but an easy walk to anywhere. Fine atmosphere, helpful but unintrusive staff.

Jan 6th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Sue

Stayed at Bellettini this past summer and loved it; fits your requirements. Ask for room in annex; lg. room, beautifully appointed, lg. marble bath.

Jan 7th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Ginger

If you do not like smoke and like warm showers, stay somewhere other than the Bellitini.

Jan 7th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Karen

Did you have the problems that Ginger is speaking of at the Bellittini. I wish you had an e-mail address.I would like to talk to you. Please e-mail me. Karen

Jan 7th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Karen

Sorry, the previous message was for Sue.

Jan 7th, 2002, 03:44 PM
RG

The Berchielli was quite well located (near Ponte Vecchio and on the Arno) and the rates seemed to be quite good. Try www.venere.it or www.hotelsitaly.com to see if you can get a good rate there.
RG

Jan 7th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Todd

We rather like the Pendini. Overlooks the the Piazza della Republica. A good location and within your budget. Good luck.

Jan 7th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Gaye

I would also like to hear more about the Bellettini. We have reservations there this summer. How bad is the smoke? The reviews I had read so far were positive.

Jan 10th, 2002, 11:24 AM
susanne

We stayed at the Hotel Casci last March. Location is terrific. Within a 2minute walk of the center. Family owned and everyone on staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are certainly not luxuriousbut immaculate. I would suggest you bring your own bathtowels as their towels tended to resemble a dishtowel. you cannot beat the price and location. Lots of repeat travelers. They've gotten a new expresso machine too. Great morning coffee.

Jan 10th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Amy

Hotel Pierre...the only place I will stay in Firenze! Incredible location, wonderful staff, and great rooms! I stayed there last October and got a good deal. www.remarhotels.com But book through www.hotelbook.com That's where I booked and found my great rate!

Jan 10th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Marge

Another vote for the Pendini. Easy distance to all the major sights, but quiet. Staff most competent and accomodating.

Jan 10th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Maureen

try www.bnb.it. This is the b&b that my husband and I stayed at in June and loved it.