Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Finally booked Paris..Thanks for all the help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 05:58 AM
Sherry

After lots of discussion, my husband and I made our decision to continue our plans to go to Paris and Germany later this month. We booked the Hotel d'Aubusson in Paris and are getting very excited about it. We will ofcourse be alert to what is going on around us but have decided that at our age(mid 50's) you NEVER know what the future holds, and we plan to enjoy as much time that we have together....Unless the state dept. says it's too dangerous to go....not just be cautious...WE'RE GOING!

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 06:00 AM
elaine

Sherry <BR>I'm so glad you're planning to go, and expect you will love the d'Aubusson. <BR>Have a wonderful trip

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 05:21 PM
kate

That is great! Have a wonderful time,the D'Aubusson is fabulous! and the street it is on has a wonderful restaurant very close to the hotel..the Louis 13th..make reservations ahead~that part of Paris is so great-our favorite..we always stay on rue Jacob..another good place to eat is Allard, right around your hotel again, owned by the same people forever, food is fantastick and service is friendly and warm.I am happy you are going, be sure to write and tell us how you like everything when you return~Bon voyage~K

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 08:14 AM
Daun

Sherry, It was reassuring to see your post this morning. I too have thought long and hard about whether or not to go ahead with travel plans. Life is not a dress rehearsal, and I've been wanting to go back to Paris for 10 years, soI've decided to go, and I'm taking my mom with me! We will be very aware of our surroundings too, but plan to have a wonderful trip. I hope you and your husband will too.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 08:25 AM
Greg Gallagher

If you haven't heard by now. I love Paris. I am so glad you are going. I to plan on taking my Mom and my wife's Mom next time we go (probably next year). Have a great time and don't forget to share the details with the rest of us junkies.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 08:29 AM
Jody

Good for you Sherry, <BR> <BR>we too will be in Paris at the end of the month , staying at the D'Aub. sister hotel! I know we are both going to have a great time! Just booked all our restaurant choices at Reserve the Best and had them confirmed!