Reload this Page >

filmed in London

Search

filmed in London

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:30 AM
mimi taylor

filmed in London

many of my friends seem to be coming from London or going there, so I FIGure Why not<BR>a film thread.<BR>I'll start with two films that feature one of my all time favorites(remember women love?)stars, Glenda Jackson<BR>1.SUNDAY, BLOODY, SUNDAY<BR>2.TOUCH OF CLASS.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:32 AM
Ursula

"Notting Hill" with Julia Roberts.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:45 AM
clever

The World of Henry Orient, starring the late Peter Sellars.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:47 AM
Brian Kilgore

Major chunks of both Austin Powers movies, Blowup, Four Weddings and A Funeral (or was it three?)<BR><BR>A Fish Named Wanda.<BR><BR>BAK

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:58 AM
topper

Michael Caine in the Ipcress File.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:08 AM
Judy

Bridget Jones Diary, Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow, The Adventurers.<BR>Judy

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:08 AM
Pasha

DIVA!

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:23 AM
kate

Notting Hill<BR>Bits of Harry Potter<BR>Any James Bond film<BR>Bits of Mission Impossible 1<BR><BR>I'm still thinking...

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:23 AM
film

I think DIVA was filmed in Paris by Luc Besson

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:33 AM
Pasha

film buff. You are right. Sorry for my error. Wasn't "Truly, Deeply" filmed in London?

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 07:36 AM
Ursula

Two more I can think of right now:<BR><BR>"Mary Poppins" (Julie Andrews) <BR>"My Fair Lady" (fabulous Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison)

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 08:11 AM
Penny

Many years ago, a film with Oliver Reed, I think it was called The Crown Jewels Affair, about two rich brothers who steal the jewels out of boredom.<BR>Alan Bates in Nothing but the Best, and Georgie Girl.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 08:43 AM
c

most Julie Christie films, one old one called Far from the Madding Crowd.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 08:45 AM
David

Here goes:<BR><BR>Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels <BR>101 Dalmatians<BR>Spice Girls The Movie<BR>Sense & Sensibility<BR>American Werewolf In London<BR>Four Weddings & A Funeral<BR>Shakespeare In Love <BR>Mansfield Park <BR>Elizabeth<BR>Harry Potter<BR>Trainspotting<BR>Entrapment<BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 09:03 AM
c

Bob Hoskins in The Long Good Friday and in Mona Lisa

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 10:17 AM
Philip

Bits of "If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium" with a very young Patricia Routledge as a museum tourguide.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 10:55 AM
mimi taylor

I am trying to find a film I saw many years ago. A teen age boy has a crush on an older girl whom he follows with her dates. I think that girl was played by Mariane Faithful. The tragic climatic scene takes place in a swimming pool and I believe the film was titled Deep End. Does anyone know this film and is it available?

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 11:07 AM
Tom

Speaking of Patricia Routledge, I believe To Sir With Love was done in London. I just found out recently that a young Patricia Routledge had a part in that.<BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 11:55 AM
Emily

One that we got out of the $4 DVD pile that was a banner choice...<BR><BR>SMASHING TIME<BR><BR>From the late '60s. Stars one of the Redgraves, a young woman named Rita Tushingham, and Michael York in his film debut. 'Austin Powers' was visually modeled after this film -- it is stunnin(gly bad). It's a musical about two girls from the North who come to London to go to Carnaby Street and be groovy. It's amazing.<BR><BR>I am hoping against all hopes that a copy of this soudtrack exists somewhere in London, and that I'll be able to find it in March!! If anyone has a lead, lemme know.

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 12:03 PM
Ursula

"Blow Up". Michelangelo Antonioni's famous cult movie (1966) starring Vanessa Redgrave, David Hemmings, and, if I remember well, also Twiggy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -