Fiesole

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 06:07 PM
KeyCollie

Fiesole

Fiesole is a town outside of Florence. Where to stay? Do you know the address or e-mail? Also any hotel near the airport on our departure? What bbout eats? Thanks.

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 07:50 PM
lola

If you can spend about $500/night, there's always Villa San Michele--a former monastery designed by Michelangelo. Have a drink on the terrace overlooking Florence, in any case. I stayed there inthe 1960s when it was $40 a night and we thought that was expensive!

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 04:37 AM
elaine

I copied the following from this forum, I have not stayed there:
"the Pensione Bencista. You catch a bus outside the door and then you ride down the hill about 15 or 20 minutes into whatever of part of Florence you want to see. This is as close to one of those pensions in an EM Forster novel/film (A Room with a View) I've ever seen. I got the name from Karen Brown's Country Inns in Italy book"

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 04:48 AM
christina

ciao key

fiesole is not a town outside florence! infact it's like a suburb on the hillside of our city (florence). the official bus-service is bringing you within 20 minutes up to fiesole. (you can for example pick the bus at 10.00 a.m. and in app. 2 hours you saw everything there.) from the center of florence a taxicub will bring you within 20 minutes (depends the traffic, could even be less) to the florence airport "amerigo vespucci".

where to eat in fiesole: so, there's an indian restaurant, another italian restaurant and 4 other restaurants with extraordinary high prices and not really recomendable.

if you do have any other questions don't hesitate to contact me.

tanti saluti

christina

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 01:22 PM
Key Collie

Thanks for the info. I tried The Pensione Bencista-all booked up. I am now trying Villa Fiesole. We have dinner reservations at Villa San Michelle-a once in a lifetime experience but I,m sure very expensive Has anyone eaten there recently? Is it worth going there?

Old Aug 1st, 2000, 01:40 PM
kam

I think what Christina was trying to point out is that there's not a lot to do in Fiesole. You can stay in Florence and easily take a taxi to Fiesole, walk around a bit, and yes, have dinner at San Michele. Also, the airport is easily reached from almost any hotel in Florence by a quick taxi ride. You don't need to relocate the day before. So many places to eat in Florence--do a search here.