Reload this Page >

FF or Euro Dollar?

Search

FF or Euro Dollar?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 02:42 PM
jeannie

FF or Euro Dollar?

We are going to France next month. Is the ff still in use or is it Euro dollar only?<BR>

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Kathleen

The Euro is the official currency in France. YOu won't be able to use Francs for purchases, but you can still Francs to the bank to exchange for Euro.<BR><BR>BTW, it's not the Euro 'dollar', it's just the Euro (no plural).....one Euro, two Euro!

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 04:28 AM
paul

Jeannie they are not Euro Dollars. They aren't dollars. They're Euros.<BR>Kathleen, note the plural. Euros. The French do, indeed, spell the plural with an "s", mais &ccedil;a ne se pronounce pas!

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 04:36 AM
nigel

Paul correct you are. Some people get confused because French does not use the possesive as in English, that is we would say for example Eaton's but in French there is no use of the apostrophe s, so it is Eaton. Hmmm

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 05:05 AM
jeannie

Thank you for taking the time to answer such a basic question. I will take my old FF and exchange them for Euros. <BR> I certainly always appreciate the time and knowledge everyone on this boad is willing to share - I have received help with the simplest question to the more complicated itenary help. Thanks jeannie

Old Feb 12th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Paul

To be exact, Francs will be accepted throughout France until midnight on Sunday February 17th.