Ferry travel to Capri

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 05:17 AM
Paula

Ferry travel to Capri

Hi <BR><BR>Does anone know which Port the ferries go from in Sorrento to get to capri. Also do you buy the tickets at the Port or as you board the boat?<BR><BR>We were hoping to get the first ferry, I have seen on another thread that someone went on an 8.30am. Does anyone know if this is the earliest???<BR><BR>These probably sound like basic questions to you seasones travellers but it is my first time in Italy and I will have three children and a wheelchair bound 75 year old with me so the smoother I can make it the better.<BR><BR>Thanks for any help given

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Nan

I hate to see your question sink. I know it leaves from the small port right below the main square. Sorry, I cant remember where we bought the tickets, or the sked, but at least this will bring up your post again.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Kristin

The ticket office is just to your right as you face the pier and the water. I don't know the schedule either.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:42 AM
billy

You get the tickets right next to the boat; it's really easy.Once you get to Sorrento, the buses all go to the bottom of the cliff where the boats leave from. Don't worry, you'll have no problem figuring it out. Don't know if 8:30 is the earliest; seems like it might be.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 10:48 AM
LeeAnn

Paula, do a search here, I think someone posted the sked site a few times. In a pinch, ask at your hotel the day before. I think we took the second boat out in the morning, and it seems like it was around 9am.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 11:23 AM
topaz

I would let your hotel book the reservations. Sometimes the early ferries/boats book up fast because of so many day-trippers. the Hotel makes the reservation, and you just pay at the dock. Much easier and more secure. don't forget to book your return round trip back because they are always filled at the end of the day.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Carole

Paula,<BR>Go to Fodor's.com, Then to Smart Travel Tips for the Sorrento area. It gives you all the ferry and hydrofoil companies, what it costs, location etc.<BR><BR>Good luck and have agreat time.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Can't

Where do you find the tips for the Sorrento area under Smart Travel Tips? What did I miss?

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Bill Fleites

Paula,<BR>The following addresses are for the Caremar and Aliscafi hydrofoil companies which serve Sorrento-Capri.<BR><BR>Caremar:<BR>www.gruppotirrenia.it/caremar/html/home/mainframeset.htm<BR><BR>Earliest daily Sorrento departure is at 7:45AM, and arrives at Capri at 8:10AM<BR>Last daily Capri departure is at 6:15PM and arrives at Sorrento at 6:40PM<BR><BR>Aliscafi:<BR>www.aliscafi.it<BR>Earl iest daily Sorrento departure is at 8:05AM, and arrives at Capri at 8:30AM<BR>Last daily Capri departure is at 5:45PM and arrives at Sorrento at 6:30PM

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 01:01 AM
Paula

Thank you all so much for your time and help it has put my mind at rest. I will post my travel report upon my return.<BR><BR>Best Regards Paula