Search

Ferry from Spain to Tangier

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ferry from Spain to Tangier

Hello Fodorites,
traveling through Andalusia and decided to take a ferry over to Tangier. Questions are: which city would be best to ferry out of with a car (we will be in Nerja and driving to one of the port cities with a possible stop in Gilbralter) and which port to enter in Tangier with a car. Any advice on what to do for the remainder of the day in Tangier would also be appreciated. We have a hotel that night and plan to return to Spain the following day.
Old Aug 25th, 2018, 01:02 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
I can't help with a car ferry, have only gone on foot from Tangier to Tarifa & return. But I'm curious about the car. Is it a rental or your own? If the former I'd be concerned about rules regarding taking it to Morocco and suggest you check, also insurance whether a rental or your own car.

Also, it seems altogether unnecessary, even inconvenient to have it in Tangier. For just an overnight I'd suggest you enjoy Tangier on foot, the center isn't large. Leave the car in a secure parking facility or at a hotel in Spain. For added convenience take a ferry that comes in to Tangier proper rather than the newer out-of-town port called Tangier-Med (although if you bring the car it would matter less).
Old Aug 25th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks mme. it is a rental and I'm glad you mentioned leaving it in Spain and hearing we could walk in Tangier. Glad to know no to take the Tangier- med port as well.

My my next question would be if anyone knows if there are overnight parking facilities at the Tarifa port.
Old Aug 25th, 2018, 02:29 PM

Have you tried googling parking Tarifa?