Ferry from Piraeus to Santorini

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done a ton of research looking for ferries from Piraeus to Santorini and am coming up short (I looked on Hellenic, Blue Star, Danae, Greek Travel Pages) and flying is very expensive. I'm wondering if anyone knows specific information about the following:
My husband and I are flying from Rome to Athens on the morning of Tuesday, July 17 and planned to take the later afternoon ferry on Hellenic Seaways, but it doesn't look like there is a Tuesday ferry at 16:00. Here's the question, they have a tentative schedule posted on the Greek Travel Pages (associated with Danae Travel) showing a schedule that hasn't yet been approved (see link below) leaving at 17:15.. Are you familiar with the ferry system? Is this likely to be available to be an approved schedule by those dates? Or are there any other options for Tuesday afternoon ferry, without staying overnight on the boat? We would rather not have a stay over in Athens if at all possible, although we know this may not be an option.

Also, should we book our ferries in advance? Do they ever sell out?

Here's the link for the tentative schedule: http://www.gtp.gr/RoutesResults.asp?...GRSKY22,3125,6

Thanks so much for your time! I really appreciate it!
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 09:40 PM

have you considered flying, there are more regular schedule, million times more convenient obviously since your at then airport try aegean air,
olympic, that's what i would do
Old Jun 15th, 2007, 10:05 PM

I suggest you send an email to Hellenic Seaways and ask them about the likelihood that the 17:15 ferry will be added.

http://www.hellenicseaways.gr/index.asp?a_id=293

Old Jun 17th, 2007, 08:48 AM

You are correct that FlyingCat III doesn't run on Tuesdays, but Highspeed 5 does. It departs Piraeus at 1715, and arrives Santorini at 2115. The GTP website says that the schedule hasn't been approved yet, but Hellenic Seaways is showing it on their own website: http://tinyurl.com/23zgay.
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies! Last time I checked airfare (2-3 months ago) I basically had ruled it out because the flights I found were very expensive (or at least from what I remember!) Anyway, I went to Aegean airlines and got a one way flight to Santorini for 50 euros per person, leaving that evening. So I booked it! Thanks so much for your help!

Also, I'm sorry the way my original message posted. I'm new to the boards and didn't realize it would run all the way across the screen...

Thanks again and happy traveling