Reload this Page >

FCO Rendezvous area

Search

FCO Rendezvous area

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 06:22 PM
A.M.

FCO Rendezvous area

I am arriving into Rome from the US at 9:30am, my friend is arriving from Canada at 11:30am. Would someone, who is familiar with the airport, suggest a good rendezvous area.<BR>Thanks.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 06:45 PM
dan

Good question.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 07:16 PM
BettyAnn

You could meet your friend at his/her arrival gate. You will have two hours to find it.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 07:37 PM
A.M.

I know that's the obvious answer, BettyAnn and I thank you for it. I'm thinking more of a contingency place in the airport in case both our planes end up coming in around the same time or mine is later than hers, meeting at the hotel is a last resort, of course.<BR> Thanks for your help.

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 08:53 PM
tom

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 09:57 AM
Patrick

We had a similar situation this summer. Two of us flew into Rome from Athens arriving about 8 AM. Our two friends were arriving via Swiss Air from Zurich at about 10:30. We made plans to meet them in the arrivals hall after clearing customs. It was fine. We waited with our luggage there, lots of seating, knowing they'd have to come out of the one set of doors after they cleared customs. Meanwhile there is an arrivals board that tells you if their plane has landed or not. There was even an attendant to help. We had a big problem, as our friends didn't appear a long time after the arrival of their plane. It ended up, their flight from Miami to Zurich had been aborted and they were still in Boston while we were waiting for them in Rome, but no one at SwissAir could tell us that. In fact they insisted that the flight they were on had landed in Zurich on time, when in fact it still hadn't left the states. <BR>But normally that should be the best rendezvous point. It is also where the hired drivers stand with the signs to pick people up.

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 01:41 PM
A.M.

Thank you so much, Patrick, I shall take your advice.

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 02:16 PM
Patrick

By the way, we were a little nervous about that wait at FCO as other friends of ours were robbed of a purse with all important papers, cash, credit cards, etc. while in the arrivals hall. I travel with a bicycle lock and locked all our luggage to a luggage cart and watched it like a hawk, however in that entire three hours or so we waited, I never saw a single suspicious person eyeing my luggage or anyone else's.