Reload this Page >

Faxing Paris Hotels - HELP!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 12:01 PM
dita

I am new at this - I am trying to reserve a room in Paris and was told to fax the hotels. What information do they need and how long approximately should I wait for them to get back to me? I don't want to give them all my credit card # but I don't want to wait to hear from one before I fax another either. Or is it better to call? HELP!

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 12:06 PM
Lori

I always fax many hotels at once asking about availability for the dates I am seeking, the type of room (double, single, etc), and how many people (2 adults, 1 adult, etc.) I never give my credit card information until I hear back about the availability and decide which one I want to book. And always ask for a confirm back by either fax or e-mail. The hotels I have dealt with usually get back within a day or two, however, there are some that never respond. If you have the option, I would call.

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 12:14 PM
Thyra

Dita, I also always either fax or email an inquiry first. I specify arrival, departure, how many people, type of room, b-fest/en suite requirements then wait a day or two to hear back. I never include Credit Card info with this initial inquiry, I ask them if they have a room available and to tell me what there rates are for the time I am requesting. Then if I get a satisfactory response, I fax my credit card number ( just to be on the safe side, I have 2 credit cards, one with a big limit that I use for the actual trip and one small one that I only use for faxing to hold a reservation, I never use the card that comes out of my checking account!)So far, knock on wood we have not had any problems... double knock!!!

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 12:25 PM
elaine

Hi dita <BR>I will add, when you are faxing or emailing them the suggested information, <BR>specify whether you want one bed or two in the room, and if you want a shower as opposed to tub only. In some hotels they offer one or the other, and in many a bathtub raises the price. <BR> <BR>In my experience, give each of them a couple of days to respond--in some small hotels only one person may be in charge of reservations.

Old Aug 9th, 2000, 02:17 PM
Alice

Rick Steve's web site has a form that can be used to fax to hotels, that way you know what info and don't forget something... www.ricksteves.com, then click on Travel Tips, then see Food & Shelter for the form.

Old Aug 10th, 2000, 04:24 AM
kim

I sent them a fax telling them what we were looking for (double room, one bed, with shower) and the dates and advised I would provide credit card number to hold the reservation if they have a room available. Most times I got a response back either way. Most hotels I faxed had a form that they faxed back to you if they had a room available for you to complete or they faxed back saying there were not any rooms available. I did send all my faxes in French, some faxed back in French, some back in English. Good luck! <BR> <BR>Kim