Reload this Page >

favourite posts?

Search

favourite posts?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 04:24 AM
fiona

favourite posts?

As someone has just posted about the forums becoming bland, and following on from a post on the US forum, what are your favourite posts? I love the recent one about ways of passing time on long flights. I also liked the one about what makes a perfect travelling partner. On the Asia forum I liked Colins report called From Bangor to Bangkok. <BR>BTW I have found an enormous amount of useful info on this forum.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 07:04 AM
Wendy

My all time favourite is "Nightmares, faux paus and other practical advice". It is hilarious - I just found it again and had another laugh but didn't want to top it incase it annoys people. but I notice some other older posts being brought up again, perhaps in response to your post?

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Betsy

Anything that Elvira writes. Her travel perspective is both wise and hilarious. Awesome.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 07:17 AM
dani

Have to agree with Elvira. I also got hooked on the Nancy posts last year- you know the ones about her trip to italy and then her husband announcing the split. It was better than any soap. (I'm also pleased to know that she is doing fine now!)

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 07:20 AM
sue

Wendy<BR>have just been reading the Nightmare posts- I missed the original posting. Have to agree that it is hilarious.<BR>I liked the one about how much to tip the pilot( tipping is a subject that is controversial isn't it?)

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 07:45 AM
John

can't admit to liking the Nancy posts(!) but i liked the tipping the pilot one. also Best Street Food in the World- auite an old post but worth rereading. I may even it bring it back up!

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Graeme

Not on this but on the US forum- How much to tip on a $1000 check- waiter chased us out to complain. It is fascinating and really amusing. It had over 200 responses.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 08:01 AM
John Burkus

My favourite recent post was the one that asked the serious question: Is it OK for my wife to order for me in France?<BR>I also enjoy the posts that start off as being serious and then morph into the absurd.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Bruce

someone should really bring up the "nightmares" post again.I've just spent the last half hour reading it. Also notice that Wes made several very funny contributions to it!

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 08:36 AM
sss

Bruce<BR>You got your wish! I have another favourite I've just found again-"taking food from breakfast for lunch"

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 08:56 AM
foodlover

Best street food in the World- makes you drool just reading it!

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 09:14 AM
bill

topped my favorite one- difficult traveling companions

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 10:32 AM
RB

Just to say that I have used up most of my sunday afternoon reading the favourite posts! I even went on to the US site. Great thread! Particularly liked the Difficult Travel Companions.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Art

Thought that the Vikings in Scandinavia was one of the funniest ones. Seems to have been deleted. Can not find it.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Uncle Sam

I liked the one about "How much to tip the pilot"<BR><BR>US

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Elsa

Art, you're right about the post re the Vikings in Scandinavia. Wonder why that one was deleted?<BR><BR>What about the thread re the travels with Betty and Bob?

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 11:35 AM
genisis

I liked the one about bringing a monkey, and the toilet one, but for actual events Elvira wins.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Marilyn

I have laughed til I cried over the "archetypical" entries on the "I was drunk the night mother got out of prison" (or something like that). You can top that all you like.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 02:42 PM
again

Marilyn<BR>happy to oblige!

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 08:02 PM
Mary

I liked the how much to tip the pilot one, and also the "what do you do with the bidet" one. After reading this post, will look for the Nightmare one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -