Reload this Page >

Favorites things to do in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 07:23 AM
nicole

I am taking my husband on a 4 day trip to paris for his birthday. Do you have any suggestions on how to make this trip special?<BR><BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 07:32 AM
topper

There will be a lot of posts topped for you to go through to answer your question.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Ron

Visit the Opera Garnier and then walk across the street and see Paris Story.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Timothy

I've done this twice now. Take the subway to the Tracadero (I hope I spelled that right) at night, as in dark. When you walk up out of the station and go around the corner of the building and you see the Eiffel Tower at night, it is the the most romantic, breathtaking sight in the world!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to do it again.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 05:08 AM
flo

Just being in Paris is special! One thing my husband and I greatly enjoyed there was a nightime concert in St. Chappelle. We made our reservations from the states. The music was great, and the setting was magnificent.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Ron

Web site for church concerts:<BR><BR>www.archetspf.assoc.fr

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Leslie

Nicole - there are two threads, one recent, called something like Ten Best Things to Do in Paris and the other older, called something like Top 100 Things to Do in Paris. I'm no good at finding threads on this forum but maybe someone else can top these for you. Meanwhile, I'll limit mine to the following:<BR><BR>1. Boat ride on the Seine (Bateaux Mouche or the small boats, I forgot the name, but they leave from Pont Neuf. People say the small ones are a nicer experience)<BR><BR>2. Go to Sacre Coeur (take the metro to Monmartre). Stand in front of the cathedral (with many other folks) and watch the sun set over Paris.<BR><BR>3. Afternoon caffe aux laix at any sidewalk cafe, people watching.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 07:34 AM
beth

Ron, that web address is coming up unrecognized - would you check it, thanks.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 08:02 AM
Jeanette

When Paris walk. We stayed on the left bank near the Musee de Orsay. There are alot of antique shops here. We walked along the Seine and to the Eiffel tower. Took a boat ride at night along the Seine. Went to Sacre Couer and climbed to the top and saw all of Paris. Not alot of people do that.<BR>I also used frommers walking guide and took their walks of different area and saw many things that you wouldn't see on a tour. Many locals spoke english so no problem.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 09:04 AM
beth

just a caution about the stairs to the top of sacre couer - it is appx. 260 steps, and if you have any health or phobia problems, take care. It is narrow and winding and then crosses over the roof (perfectly safe) to some more steps. I found coming down harder on my legs than the climbing--spasms at the bottom. Worth doing but just know what you are in for. The view is wonderful.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Ian

If the weather is nice I suggest walking along the Seine from the Louvre to the Champs-Elysees or Arc De Triomphe. Of all the things we did, for some reason, this is the one of the most memorable.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 09:42 AM
andi

One night in August, 1999 I was walking by the Louvre and heard this haunting music coming from the courtyard. I walked inside and someone was playing the clarinet. The building was all lit up, and it was just an incredible experience, surrounded by beautiful music in this lovely setting.