Reload this Page >

Favorite Places vs Once Was Enough!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 10:24 AM
Syl

Ok, let us hear about the favorite places in Europe that you loved and would love to see again vs. the places you saw that were, in your opinion, not worth a second trip or maybe even a first? <BR>My can't get enoughs were: <BR>Paris <BR>French Riviera <BR>Amalfi coast <BR> <BR>Once was enough: <BR>Rome <BR>Tivoli

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 10:29 AM
sandi

Sorrento - once was enough <BR>

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 10:46 AM
steve

Athens - once was enough - dirty, crowded, noisy!

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 10:48 AM
StCirq

Mazamet - once was a thousand times too many. <BR> <BR>Toulouse - three times was two times too many. <BR> <BR>Can't get enough of Paris, Venice, Florence, the Italian Lakes, the Dolomites, and...duh...the Dordogne. <BR> <BR>Places I'd like to go back to that might end up on the can't get enough of list would include Jutland, northern Germany, Prague, and the Adriatic coast.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 10:54 AM
sandi

StCirq, <BR> <BR>Where's Jutland?

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 11:43 AM
StCirq

Jutland is mainland Denmark. Beautiful countryside, great beaches, charming towns.....

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 11:48 AM
bashful

Would pass on Tahiti (especially Moorea) and don't care if I go back to Rome.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Amy

Favorite places--the can't get enoughs--is easy, but lengthy: <BR>Iceland, Greenland, Russia, the UK, Israel, Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands, Morocco, Greek islands, Bermuda, Brazil, Italy...I could go on! <BR>Once was enough: <BR>Spain in the summertime (loved the Alhambra, though)

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 11:59 AM
Santa Chiara

Once was enough: most of Norway. Can't get enough: most of Italy and Paris.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Laura

Venice was definatelly my favorite place to visit and I will love to go back. <BR> <BR>I thought Pisa was enough one time. The area around it really left a bad impression on me. It was very crowded and filled with the dirtiest pigeons I have ever seen.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 01:58 PM
John

This is similar to another thread from a year ago or so... <BR> <BR>More, more… SW and SE France, Scotland (forever), New Zealand, Israel, S. Carolina, the Maritimes, Holland, the Yucatan, South Dakota, Fiji, Paris, East Anglia, NYC… <BR>Once is way enough… Poursina Hospital in Rasht, Iran, the Edinburgh jail, Frankfurt, Geneva, the Ala Moana Shopping Center in Honolulu, Dayton, Celebration (Florida) (but you should see it to get really creeped out), Moscow, Reno, Marseille, Birmingham. <BR>

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 02:03 PM
Cindy

Can't wait to get back there: <BR> <BR>France (yes, the whole thing) <BR> <BR>Thanks, but no more please: <BR> <BR>Munich

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Jeff

Cindy: Please give me your thoughts on Munich (either here or by email). I've never been, but have always wanted to to go there. Some places are commonly panned, but I think this is the first time I've seen Munich on such a list. Yours might be an interesting or enlightening opinion.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 03:23 PM
Sara Bellum

Favorites: Italy (except Pisa), Paris & Provence, Louisiana (New Orleans except Bourbon St., plantation & Cajun country), Ireland, York. <BR> <BR>Once was enough: Las Vegas, Portugal, Mexico, Kansas (even once was too much, London.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 04:06 PM
Kimerley

Loved the UK, HATED Chester. Lousy B&B, terrible TIC for assistance, lousy food, no atmosphere BUT a great laundromat with a wonderful assistant.. <BR>maybe another visit is called for because so many people love Chester.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 04:11 PM
Bob

Great places: Bavaria, Paris, Italian lakes, Lake District in England, Venice <BR> <BR>Don't need to do again: Lucca, Pisa, Vienna, Athens (although the islands were great), and Waterloo.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 04:14 PM
Sarah

I'm curious how much time those who put Rome down as once was enough spent there. The first time I went I only spent two days there in August and didn't care much whether I went back. I'm glad I did -- the next time I went I spent a week there off-season and absolutely loved it.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 05:46 PM
ldsant

Can't get enough: Paris, St. Remy - Provence, Australia, Prague, Florence and San Gimignano, Sedona AZ, Seattle (home!) BTW - please don't flame for the last two responses, I know they're in the US. <BR> <BR>Once was enough - glad I went - won't go back places: Budapest, Limoges (longest 24 hours ever!), Ghent, Kansas City, Lausanne

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 05:49 PM
StCiq

Idsant: Just had to tell you I got a good belly laugh out of your mention of Limoges. TALK about BORING places!!! Even the porceleine won't get me to go back there, and I love porceleine - SNORRRRREEEEEEEEeeee....

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 06:50 PM
Ger

Can't get enough: Dublin (birthplace), Paris & all of France, places I have been to and have yet to see. <BR> <BR>Once is enough: Every damn airport in Europe where I have lost many useful hours because of ATC problems <BR> <BR>Once is a bloody nightmare that keeps haunting me: Las Vagas Paris, Venice etc.(ok - not Europe)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -