Search

Fatima

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 01:42 PM
Mary Lynn

Fatima

Is there anyone out there who has gone to Fatima? What was your experience? Any suggestions on inspirational walks, services. How about a place to sleep, eat? Have you done it in a day trip from somewhere or stayed in the town of Fatima?

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 07:51 PM
hmh

We were recently at Fatima--on a tour, so were only there for an hour or so. It is possible, however, to take a day trip from Lisboa. In several travel books (Rick Steves, is one) there is also information about places to stay in the vicinity. Even for the short time we were there, it was a wonderful experience. On Sundays,(the day we were there) there are several masses and people all over, either sitting in the Apparition Chapel, doing the penetential "walk", filling the Church for a service, etc. Of course, there are the commercial shops--butthat is to be expected. I was certainly glad we had the opportunity to go there, and that was one reason we chose the tour which we did.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Mary Lynn

Thanks so much for replying. I will be there at the end of April with a dear friend and my 20 yr old daughter. I want them to have an idea what to expect and be open to a beautiful experience.

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 10:13 AM
Mary Lynn

Anyone else been to Fatima?

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 11:41 AM
Julie

I went for two hours with a tour group. It wasn't much time, but we did get to attend mass. At the end of mass people brought things up to the kneel rail at the front of church and the priest blessed everything. I had my daughter's communion cross blessed. <BR> <BR>Bring special rosaries, crosses, bibles from home if you want to get them blessed. <BR> <BR>Someone on our bus bought a beautiful handpainted tile scene nearby. I do not know where she bought it but it was in a shop just outside the gates to the area.

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 11:42 AM
Mary Jayne

My husband and I went to Fatima twice, while traveling with Grand Circle tours and enjoyed each time very much. Particularily if you have studied up on it a bit, makes it more meaningful. Also a plus, we ate somewhere on the grounds and a group of nuns served us and the whole day was a nice experience. Did purchase rosaries made of rose petals and love them, the smell of them just takes you back to the day and experience. Enjoy.

Old Mar 21st, 2001, 12:32 PM
topper

topping