COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Family Friendly Dining in 7th Arrond

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 08:22 AM
amy

Family Friendly Dining in 7th Arrond

Hi--Staying with my young teens in the 7th--Palais Bourbon (only hotel I could get a family room to fit 4) Wondering if anyone has any suggestions in the walkable area for casual dining--ie places I can take my kids that aren't overly formal or expensive. Don't mind a 15-20 minute walk. Thanks!!

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 08:38 AM
aimee

If you have an option do not commit yourself to any breakfast in this place. They have the most dissapointing breakfast in any of Parisian hotels and we stayed at least in five different. Also the staff in this hotel couldn't care less about its guests.
There is one place within walking distansce that we enjouyed a lot and we dine there every time we are in Paris. It was mentioned on this forum a several times.
Le Bistro de Breteuil #01 45 07 27
3 place de Breteuil

Another that we found last time with the best escargot but everything was so good there.
Le Forimond 01 45 55 40 38
avenue de la Motte-Picquet

We feel that in both places our attempt to speak at least some basic French were appreciated.

Unfortunately we also feel that we would never return to Palais Bourbon because it is not palais although we nat expected much but for the similar or lower price there are many places in that area with a staff who cares that we are there.

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 09:02 AM
BTilke

Try the Brasserie Bosquet on the corner of Ave. Bosquet and rue Champ de Mars. Well prepared French "comfort food" (roast chicken, sole meuniere, salmon with bearnaise sauce, steak frites, etc.), a mix of locals and tourists, excellent prices. The Saumur Champigny wine by the pitcher goes down very smoothly.

Old Oct 27th, 2001, 11:43 AM
aimee

I forgot to add that we never saw any kids in those two restaurants I listed above and I am not sure if they would feel comfortable to dine among adults only. On the other hand these are great places to eat for you and your husband. Paris is so peaceful and welcoming. Have a great time

Old Oct 28th, 2001, 11:23 PM
Sue

A second for Brasserie Bosquet--a friend who traveled to Paris with her three daughters said they were very welcoming and friendly to the girls there and the food was good.

Old Oct 29th, 2001, 04:37 AM
BTilke

Sue, I can bet the waiters at BB were friendly to three girls! Another fun choice is dinner at the beautiful dining room at the Musee d'Orsay (not the cafe). Get there early--it fills up fast. You'll beat the line and have the best chance for one of the nice tables by the window. Good food, not expensive and the setting is fab.